Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIA Silverstone F1 GP + Bonus Friday Quali and Saturday 30 Min Sprint Race Spectacuar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max was willing to turn into a car that was still there because it would have meant slowing down and losing the position.

Goes both ways on this one.
    Originally posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

My impression was that Hamilton had basically made up his mind that he was going to take max in the opening lap regardless of whether there was a real opportunity and from both of them it was more about about posturing, drawing lines, being alpha as fuck, setting the tone for the rest of the championship etc than it was about a pass for position in that race at that time. I suspect Hamilton might have been happy if they both had gone off but trusting in dick kissing factor it was likely always going to play well for him. 10 second penalty probably about right and I wonder if the team principals know the difference between a race director and a steward.

Comment

All this bullshit about Max turning in on Lewis.
        If the car has the ability to turn in more/tighten his line then it means the driver could have taken the corner faster because the driver isn't using all the available grip.

What you see from Max is him opening up in order to move his line further out before turning back to keep his original corner radius i.e. give Lewis room. He wasn't tightening his corner radius.

Comment

Look the reality is Max is just a cunt and Lewis is a dick. But finally we're getting some good racing at the front. So it's all good

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post

please watch from the 30 second mark. That definitely isn't the racing line 200m before the corner? is that moving under brakes?
            Suggesting both of them weren't being aggressive is a bit blind to the fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRt8...annel=FORMULA1

If you watch the above at the 30sec mark, this corner the roles are reversed, and Hamilton does readjust his line to remain on the outside rather than collide with Max. As a result Max retook the lead on that corner. And Max was quite aggressive in taking this inside line, but he was alongside so again it was Ham's responsibility to give him room by not taking his normal line to the apex which would have resulted in collision.

Now skip ahead to the corner where they collided, Max knew Ham was there, but still attempted to force his normal line into the corner. You just can't do that if there is a car beside you. You can't take a normal racing line into the apex of a corner if that line will result in a collision with a car that you already know is alongside you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
              Look the reality is Max is just a cunt and Lewis is a dick. But finally we're getting some good racing at the front. So it's all good
              /thread

Comment

From what I see they both could have avoided the resultant collision but being at the pointy end of the highest level motorsport on the planet neither were for taking the soft way out.

I believe Lewis was comfortable to let his car clip Max's in the knowledge that it would be Max who would exit stage left, for that reason his penalty is fair.

Motor racing requires the driver to make many judgement calls, when to fight as hard as possible, when to let it go. Lewis is 7 times WDC for that very reason. He's not racing Leclerc.
                " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

100% lewis.

10 seconds is piss weak. Should have been 3 places.
                  .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

If Lewis could of made the pass I'd say no problem racing incident. But.....there was zero chance of him getting through.

Cut off his head and Shit down his neck

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                    Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                    Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

I’m still perplexed by people saying it was maxs fault. Penalty was worthless
                      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                        If Lewis could of made the pass I'd say no problem racing incident. But.....there was zero chance of him getting through.

Cut off his head and Shit down his neck

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                        Its super clear he couldn't have made the move safely without max having to take avoiding action.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

Its super clear he couldn't have made the move safely without max having to take avoiding action.
                          WTF? They are racing not asking permission to pass! They are racing for a championship FFS. They were both attacking each other from the very start of the race. It's not a supersprint...

Comment

And you cant just barge some one off the track. Thats what speed way and NASCAR is for.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Say what you want about Seb.. but the guy actually puts in the hard work... doesn't just post on social media on how we all need to change or save the world..

/csh Racing

Comment

The Lewis/Max incident instantly reminded me of the old Senna/Prost crash at Suzuka in 1990:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBForKcFWoA

Really that strong im goign to stick it up the inside and you either have to give way or crash into me vibe.

Despite that, I think that it was a racing incident, although Lewis could have left more room and Max could have widened his line a touch. Lewis was clearly not going to make the apex of the corner from his racing line and entry speed, but similarly Max had enough power to square off the corner and still be ahead.
                                Last edited by takai; 19-07-21, 08:20 PM.
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                                X