Bathurst - CB21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathurst - CB21

Whose going in November? Regularity with a lap time but no speed limit and sprints without any, two days with lots of laps, brilliant. This year I've got a 7 speed auto Mercedes SLK 350 with ac to run, some mods but basically a road registered cruiser. Still I'll have a go, hope to be able to delete the 250 kph limiter, anyone able to do that? Need to go through the kink flat without interruption.

Look if you seriously like circuit fun Bathurst is the ultimate, you challenge yourself and your car like no other. Do it, whatever, the family can do without you for two days man.
    Last edited by CheapDick; 16-07-21, 06:12 PM.
    Gimme mah $50 ya cunts.

I am registered and paid and will be back for the 4th time. Hoping for another PB. It is an epic circuit and a must for anyone who enjoys going fast.

Originally posted by CheapDick View Post
    Need to go through the kink flat without interruption.
    I am hoping you have some good tyres and aero if you think you're going flat through the kink.

Comment

Anyone got a link to the entry requirements and costs?
      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
        Anyone got a link to the entry requirements and costs?
        https://www.challengebathurst.com/competitor-info

Not cheap, but it's a hell of a track.

Comment

Originally posted by cgk View Post
          I am registered and paid and will be back for the 4th time. Hoping for another PB. It is an epic circuit and a must for anyone who enjoys going fast.
          Also going back for the 4th time after missing the event 2 years ago with engine issues in the week before, and pulling out last year due to Covid.

I'm just hoping to not blow the car up again. Which reminds me, should finish building the engine and get it back in the car.......

Comment

I am hoping you have some good tyres and aero if you think you're going flat through the kink.
            New PB = Bringing the Honda this time?
            Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
            Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Yeah, CGK knows the kink don't take no prisoners! My one shot at Bathurst (so far) involved lifting for kink each lap despite knowing (believing) I could take it flat (around 240 km/h). This is in a car with real downforce (10% of static weight at 240 k's), R comps etc. Also good luck with needing to remove your 250 km/h limiter in the Merc. But mostly, I'm just jealous. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by CheapDick View Post
                Need to go through the kink flat .
                Easy.

Drive a Datsun 1600 with 102hp. Flat out at 181kph thru the kink all day long, no dramas

Comment

Originally posted by dave1600 View Post

Easy.

Drive a Datsun 1600 with 102hp. Flat out at 181kph thru the kink all day long, no dramas
                  Ha, I beat you.......

Moomang VP wagon clocked by plod at 197km/h through the kink and sketchy as fuck with two passengers who were pretty impressed going across the top at around 160, and not so impressed going through the dipper sideways.

Driving the medical car for three Bathursts was fun......

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post

Ha, I beat you.......

Moomang VP wagon clocked by plod at 197km/h through the kink and sketchy as fuck with two passengers who were pretty impressed going across the top at around 160, and not so impressed going through the dipper sideways.

Driving the medical car for three Bathursts was fun......
                    EPIC!!!!

Comment

Yeah, the aero has to be right and Bathurst certainly tests aero but it's more a mental thing I think.
                      Gimme mah $50 ya cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by 200MPH View Post

Yeah, CGK knows the kink don't take no prisoners! My one shot at Bathurst (so far) involved lifting for kink each lap despite knowing (believing) I could take it flat (around 240 km/h). This is in a car with real downforce (10% of static weight at 240 k's), R comps etc. Also good luck with needing to remove your 250 km/h limiter in the Merc. But mostly, I'm just jealous. Enjoy!
                        Thanks, have run the Datsun through the kink lifting off from ~250, the thing is not to lift off LOL.
                        Gimme mah $50 ya cunts.

Comment

It’s on my radar although still waiting on an engine rebuild to resolve itself to make sure I have some thing to drive. Hoping with the uncertainty of COVID there will be some places closer to the event. Made it flat through the kink last time and was like “fuck yeah” and whilst celebrating arrived at the chase way quicker than expected had a little off track excursion. Muppet.

will have approx another 100hp this time so should get me up the hill a little quicker and hopefully not get me into trouble.

Comment

As of a few days ago

Click image for larger version

Name:	220460435_267006558561714_665449519764087563_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7PY_fYxWXPYAX8Z3pKs&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd4-1.fna&oh=07bfd06dcba34a4c4876c68a3c82a71b&oe=61245061.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	7275462
                            Attached Files
                            Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
                            Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

^^^^ Thanks Nate. Wasn’t aware they were updating entry capacity. Engine rebuild is happening in Sydney. Has been dragging on for a year. Getting built in Sydney so current clusterfuck down there isn’t helping. Have cancelled some other entries I have had but CB’s policy isn’t so friendly in that regard so will just have to sit tight and hope I don’t miss out.

Comment

Working...
                              X