FIA Formula One Sponsorless Belgian GP at Spa Francorchamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Well the decision has already been made, and as much as I would LOVE this to come to fruition, does Toto really want two Roosters in the Hen House?

We know how much sway Lewis holds in the team, and with his constant comments about loving Bottas, and how they have the best working relationship of any team mate he has ever had etc etc, Im just not entirely convinced.

You could see in the press conferences on Thursday when BOT and RUS were asked the same question about 2022, that both gave very sterile answers that gave little away, although Bottas seemed a bit annoyed with the question, but whether or not that was a red herring, I am not sure.

My heart wants Rus in there, but my brain says Toto and Lewis want to keep the status quo so he has no internal challenge.

Lets wait and see
    I think its a lot more than just protecting Hamiltons rep. Next year is all new cars. The entire team is very used to working with these 2 drivers. Engineers understand how to interpret feedback, they understand the set up of both drivers and both drivers understand whats expected from through the weekend program, not just race day. They have a winning combination. If you were team principal would you want to upset that harmonious work environment on a year with all new regs? I know if it was me I would sign Bottas 1 more year and plan 2023 for Russell

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
      I think its a lot more than just protecting Hamiltons rep. Next year is all new cars. The entire team is very used to working with these 2 drivers. Engineers understand how to interpret feedback, they understand the set up of both drivers and both drivers understand whats expected from through the weekend program, not just race day. They have a winning combination. If you were team principal would you want to upset that harmonious work environment on a year with all new regs? I know if it was me I would sign Bottas 1 more year and plan 2023 for Russell

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
      Fully agree on all points....I know that there is far more to the decision that pandering to Lewis, and hence why I believe that the status quo will resume in 2022

Comment

At the same time how much do you potentially piss off Geroge, he fully deserves the seat and is gonna be pissed if he doesn’t get it. As much as he says he has Mercedes tattooed on his arse, if he doesn’t get a good drive with Merc next year he’ll be looking for a better option if not next year then the year after.

Comment

F1 turning into drag racing

just go out and do something you pussys
          Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Fuck this I’m out.
            Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
            having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Agreed gay

Comment

It's shite, but understandable.
                They can't race with 10m visibility.

Comment

Thank fuck for replays.
                  Just watched 2 laps with 49 min remaining on the clock (at around 4hr 50 min on Kayo). Assuming thats the race done.

Fuck it, was really hoping to see what George would do and how Dan went.
                  I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Not sure I like the awarding of half points for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
                      Just came here to post this. Some of the easiest points Max has ever scored, narrows down the championship nicely.

Edit: Mazepin fastest lap, Latifi in the points again. LOL
                      Last edited by Smudge; 30-08-21, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Shame cause spa = a good race

not this year

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
                          Yep, it's shit. Seb didn't even know that they only needed 2 laps to declare the race.....he thought it was 25% race distance.

I'm inclined to agree with Hambones sentiments about why they were sent out to do those 2 laps behind the safety car. It was just so people got their money......but hey, fuck you if you bought a ticket and stood out there in the wind and rain for hours.

Comment

Could they have postponed the race by a day instead?
                            '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
                              I don't think so given they've got to have everything packed down and moved to Zandvoort for next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
                                The logistics would have been difficult as its a back to back race. For the teams directly I can see it would be no big deal. The next race is just up the road. But for the track, where do they get more volunteer marshals that need to go back to work? Then there is all the TV gear, etcetera. If all those issues could be solved, then they'd risk delaying the next race weekend by a day.
                                My car
                                Corolla
                                Originally posted by brasher
                                I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X