BDS BLOWER and unique methanol injection STOLEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDS BLOWER and unique methanol injection STOLEN

Looks like it's that time of year again...
    Stolen from a residential garage in Beachmere QLD . Sometime between Saturday the 26th evening and Sunday 27th afternoon.
    Along with my older brothers tools, many tools...probably exactly like any of us here would have acquired over the years....all gone.
    The BDS 6/71 was removed at their leisure from a Cleveland 351 powered XY GT. I'll try and get more details later but the attached injection setup was built from scratch by my nephew to his own design. ECU controlled to run methanol.

some older pics of the setup but as it was when stolen.
    If you move in the scene where these types of parts are not uncommon to see, please be careful of any new offerings coming up.
    I'll add more info if/when it comes to hand. Thanks fellas

Click image for larger version

Name:	bds2.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	7211419Click image for larger version

Name:	bds3.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	7211420Click image for larger version

Name:	bds1.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	719.5 KB
ID:	7211421
    Jim.

VS ute appreciation society

(you know it makes sense..)

cunts. to a layperson such as myself id say its someone who knew what was there. who has the balls to break in then remove a blower? opportunist theives would have stolen tools and other shit and the car. not a specific part.
    I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
    WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
    robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Yeah... bit of a mystery really. The car was not a runner and had been moved to the Beachmere address about 6 months ago and kept under wraps indoors. Prior to that it was WELL hidden and sat unused in its own no windows hideaway room.
      A rare few people did know where and what it was. Someone talks...who knows. It's happened and now we gotta deal with it.
      The hat is an Enderle with bespoke modifications. , more concise info on this later...

BDS 6/71 Supercharger.

Enderle, Birdcatcher supercharger injection hat.

Custom made bespoke EFI Injection plate

8 Fuel injectors 1500cc each.

MSD Crab; Distributer

Tools stolen Include:
      1 x Sidchrome 1/2 inch drive, metric and A/F socket and and spanner set. Includes 1/4 inch
      drive sockets and ratchet. All in a red and black hard sidchrome case.
      1x 1/2 inch drive metric and A/F socket set. Ratchet does not belong to the set. It was
      replaced a couple of years ago. All in a hard grey case.
      1x 4 inch Ryobi angle grinder. In a grey hard case.
      1 x Makita electric pistol drill in a blue hard case.
      1 x Battery AEG impact driver in a hard case
      1 x compressed air impact driver with sockets in a silver hard case.
      1 x Sidchrome screwdriver set (Flat and Phillips head) in black hard case.

As you can imagine this is only what has been immediately noticed. My Brother has been hit kinda hard with this and no doubt will discover more missing items as time goes on.

If I remember correctly the blown XY project goes back to 1994. Over the years an incredible amount of work went into devising a streetable ecu controlled methanol injection system for the blower. If you were part of the Nth QLD street machine scene you most likely would know the car, not least for the fact it was built street legal! Quite a feat.

It's all up to the honest people and Karma now..,, I guess we'll see what happens eh?
      (pics from another lifetime)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	townsville 2.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	865.9 KB
ID:	7211475Click image for larger version

Name:	townsville.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	787.9 KB
ID:	7211476
      Jim.

Comment

Assuming Beachmere is the same place it was 25 years ago, there would be all sorts of scum that may have seen it delivered and known where it was. The whole place should have been nuked back then. Hope he has some luck with it.
        Originally posted by doctorpat
        It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

I reckon it's overthinking to assume some kinda awareness of the blower/inside job. You got a thief with a carload of tools looking at a big blower and a bird catcher, they're going to think "fuck yeah I can swap that for gear" and reach for their newly acquired tools. It's going to end up on some dodgy cnts loungeroom shelf.

Comment

A few pics of the injection hardware. If you've played at this level before, I'm hoping you will recognise what is not "off the shelf

Jim.

Comment

Is the blower case as per the pics, in the retro magnesium finish?

Comment

Originally posted by 1320ft View Post
                Is the blower case as per the pics, in the retro magnesium finish?
                Yes. Everything was as per the pics when stolen. Throws me a bit when you say retro... I haven't been up close and personal with these sorta parts since the mid '90's. It was all acquired new back then.
                To me retro regarding this stuff would be a cast finish I guess? Probably just an age thing....I'm old enough to have seen Jim Read in his EH work ute at Castlereagh !!
                Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by kgc10-R View Post

Yes. Everything was as per the pics when stolen. Throws me a bit when you say retro... I haven't been up close and personal with these sorta parts since the mid '90's. It was all acquired new back then.
                  To me retro regarding this stuff would be a cast finish I guess? Probably just an age thing....I'm old enough to have seen Jim Read in his EH work ute at Castlereagh !!
                  Cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled around the drag scene.

Yeah, most street/burnout guys are going for the polished or black look nowadays, so the satin/matte finish is more retro/nostalgia style.

Comment

Are there any serial numbers on the blower?

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                      Are there any serial numbers on the blower?
                      Code:

Edit: that's the hat/scoop number
                      https://performanceforums.com/forums...hotoid=7211699
                      Last edited by Impakt; 03-01-21, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Cheers blokes.. I do appreciate the input. Unfortunately we are relying on photos taken over 20 years ago. They tend to get misplaced over time. Old drives etc. Unsure if the blower had a serial. Nothing noted in what we have so far, only what √Źmpakt" thoughtfully noted..
                        Jim.

Comment

Feel terrible reading this.

For what it's worth I've forwarded the info to a few mates around the place.
                          I doubt the tools will come back but you might get lucky with the blower being dumped somewhere after they work out it doesn't just bolt onto an LS1 and skids bra...

All the best
                          1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
                          YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

??

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                            Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                            Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                              ??

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                              The Blower Shop and BDS (Blower drive services) are 2 different company's/blowers.

Always thought Joe Schembri was a stand up dude, Doubt he'd be peddaling stolen goods.
                              Last edited by fondles; 04-01-21, 07:02 PM.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Working...
                              X