X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkidFace
    replied
    Can't believe no one has mentioned the poolroom yet??

Leave a comment:

• goracing
    replied
    Originally posted by Dynoryder View Post
    and i know many differnces between the ge and gte i was just wondering if it would be better to use a ge head for n/a
    The GE head is off a N/A

Leave a comment:

• 3gig4me
    replied
    Originally posted by jmac View Post
    jesus christ I just read the pedders comment, I take it all back.

find a way to remove the door of your microwave oven so that it still activates, and sit your nads in there on high for about 2-3 hours. Just to be on the safe side.
    Thats gotta go in the best quotes thread surely!!! fknlol

Leave a comment:

• BigMuz
    replied
    I was never anything like sackryder John :D

Leave a comment:

• jmac
    replied
    jesus christ I just read the pedders comment, I take it all back.

find a way to remove the door of your microwave oven so that it still activates, and sit your nads in there on high for about 2-3 hours. Just to be on the safe side.

Leave a comment:

• jmac
    replied
    The 'leap' you aren't making with regard to the power potential is this - a hemi head flows reasonably well, maybe not as well per se as a modern 4 valve head, but what we are really saying is it feeds a 4.3+ litre motor pretty well. A 'highly developed' 4 valve head that was originally designed to feed a 2.5-3 litre motor - well 100% of 3 litres is 3 litres. 80% of 4.3 litres is 3.44 litres. So although the hemi head (theoretically) flows less efficiently per litre, if it 80% fills a 4.3 litre engine, it'll still have more air and fuel to burn and make power than a 100% volumetrically efficient 3 litre.

Which is one small part (there's more to it, believe me) they have that old saying 'there is no replacement, for displacement'. If you can legally run it, and can feed it, then the bigger engine is typically the go (within sane limits of course).

the logical extension of this is that whilst it's easy to make a particular goal from 4 litres than 3, then it's even easier from 5 litres or more. And when you start to look at some modern engines which are mostly alloy blocks (but still strong enough in spades) then you end up having that large capacity, in a lighter package (and in general a V engine of any description is physically smaller and lighter than if it had to be an inline engine) - so you win with that again.

Make no mistake, I'm a big hemi fan, I've a big fondness for old holdens. For me it's practical because I've literally got stockpiles of hemi blocks and so forth that mean I will die of (very) old age before I've used them up, and I know what I can get out of them. But I wasted a shitload of money through my teens and twenties trying to 'prove a point' or whatever, and it's not like any of it was _really_ worth it (though I could write a 200000 page essay on every top bloke and every low life cunt involved in engine machining in the 1990s in melbourne!)

Other's have asked why I bothered with the long response - I think if we were all honest, we were all a little bit like dynoryder at one stage. Nothing wrong with enthusiasm. About the only advice I'd REALLY suggest strongly - is (sorry if it sounds corny) - to actually TAKE the advice you get on this forum. It may be rough here at times, but I guarantee if you put together a collection of the talent of the blokes that post here, you'd not be able to match it anywhere. The advice doesn't always sound 'good' - but that's the true test of advice - it's not about telling you what you wanted to hear, or what you think is correct, it's telling you the honest truth about something, pleasant or otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• BigMuz
    replied
    You thought of putting a V8 in a VR Commodore? Fuck what a fresh thinker you are!

PS I'm starting a thread in offtopic that you might like to participate in.

Leave a comment:

• Rdyno
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rdyno
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RB30-POWER
    replied
    found that thread i mentioned.

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...highlight=240z

just short of 400hp with carbies apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ed
    replied
    3L 2 stroke engine could make 450hp. Build one of those.

Leave a comment:

• chartreusehj
    replied
    pretty sure he's banned on modified car forums too.

dunno why though

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    this arsehat used to be on aussiev8, he was a fucking tool over there and eventually got banned

He is the roger cordia of holdens

Leave a comment:

• RB30-POWER
    replied
    someone put a link to that n.a 6 cyl z car in japan running 9/10sec quarters, must be making some power, can't recall how much now, will try to find the link later, but it's been posted here in the past, sounds tits...

Leave a comment:

• goracing
    replied
    why such a long reply for a guy that has no idea.....

The mere fact he says he loves 2js so much but does not no the difference between a GTE and a GE sums it up....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X