Speedflow Products 2011 catalogue

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume is the reason its cheaper OS, shipping stuff by the container load to Jegs, etc costs less than shipping small boxes all over Aust. There is a very good chance that Jegs sell more speedflow than is sold in Australia in total.
    http://www.larryscustomcycles.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post
      Damo bought a fuel reg from JEGS last week. Ordered it on Tuesday, received it on Friday. Shipping was ~$40 (for what must have been express), would be about the same for a box of 20 fittings.

If they were a comparable price and same shipping time in Australia, Id buy here, but they arent comparable and I dont like throwing money down the toilet, so I wont.
      but we're talking about speedflow fittings here , i normally order about lunchtime and have it delivered first thing in the morning.
      just makes things go smoothly if im allready under the gun to get a car finished.
      https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Originally posted by edo View Post
        Volume is the reason its cheaper OS, shipping stuff by the container load to Jegs, etc costs less than shipping small boxes all over Aust. There is a very good chance that Jegs sell more speedflow than is sold in Australia in total.
        That might explain why JEGS gets them cheaper than I would, but how can they still make a profit and still sell it, at normal retail price, for half the cost direct from the manufacturer here?

All well and good for SPEEDFLOW to just blame it on quantities, but in a global economy, these are the people they are competing against....the same people they supply....yet still manage to price themselves out of the market.

The local VL crew with no net skills can buy from the Autobahn down the road, but I wont and soon enough Id expect no-one will.
        #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Originally posted by Rz View Post
          but we're talking about speedflow fittings here , i normally order about lunchtime and have it delivered first thing in the morning.
          just makes things go smoothly if im allready under the gun to get a car finished.
          If you need them that quickly then you obviously have no choice, seeing as though the cost is being passed on your choice is clear.....but for your own car, when Id expect you know what youre going to do a few days ahead of time, where would you buy from?

Im talking about genuine Speedflow brand fittings too.

Comment

so JEGS/anfittings/whoever/ can pay for international shipping to the US AND back to me here, Add their margin and on costs, for less than it costs the manufacturer to send it to me locally?

that makes NO sense...

must be the GST, or climate change. or something else equally retired...

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
            2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by mr ed View Post
              if you need them that quickly then you will get raped in price by a greedy manufacturer taking advantage of you.
              speedfixed

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                so JEGS/anfittings/whoever/ can pay for international shipping to the US AND back to me here, Add their margin and on costs, for less than it costs the manufacturer to send it to me locally?

that makes NO sense...

must be the GST, or climate change. or something else equally retired...
                The lack of a savvy consumer in Australia is the reason. And now that some people are starting to wake up theres sensationalist reports on the news and calls to remove the <$1000 order exemption from duties/GST on overseas purchases?

What a crock of shit.

Comment

ed , the other thing is i often have to change the order because something else gets added to the car that needs to be plumbed , or ive ordered the wrong thread on something , much simpler to get it changed over and credited back when the supplier is local.
                  if i had to wait 3-4 days each time something extra was needed then it drags out.
                  the bulk buying edo speaks off would go partway to explaining the price difference for the same fitting.

Comment

I can't see the reason you would pay double for fittings, just due to a slightly better annodising and a little easier fitting. Plumbing my fuel system would have been up around 2K with Speedflow from Aus. Has cost me well under 1k buying from Summit when doing other orders.

Not a fan of Frangola which is what my turbo oil return will be plumbed with, but happy with aeroquip. Earls stuff seems okay too, but haven't looked to closely.

I don't mind paying for quality, but speedflow is a stretch too far for me.
                    Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                    I <3 Hamster

Comment

You know how what percentage of retail sales are completed on line in Australia? 3%...know what percentage of Australia retail sales are completed on line from overseas? 1.5%.

So, as it is they just don't care. When that 1.5% gets up to 10% or so then shit will start to happen.
                      http://www.larryscustomcycles.com.au

Comment

just personal preference dave.
                        its not just me talking here , lots of guys here have speedflow on their cars , like tim and guido , dale etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                          your misconception might be that it is shipped from China to Aus then to US?

i'd say the US stores get them shipped directly from the plant in China?

Comment

yeah I prefer speedflow. IMHO it's head and shoulders above the others.

I buy from Extreme Motorsport at Virginia in Brisbane. Their prices aren't too shabby.

Any AN style fitting is better than hose clamps.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              your misconception might be that it is shipped from China to Aus then to US?

i'd say the US stores get them shipped directly from the plant in China?
                              I dont think JEGS does. Im pretty sure they are a major physical store in the US, not just an online store.

Comment

its handy for me to drive 10min down the road and come back with a bag full of bits..

altho i didnt realise that it was so much cheaper buying from the USA..

ive got probablhy $5k worth of speed flow in the race car $7k in the boat and have probably spent $200k on it over the years..

Speedflow,
                                tell Nick and Travis ill be talking to Mark about the pricing
                                im a cunt
                                and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Working...
                                X