Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rz View Post
    ed , the other thing is i often have to change the order because something else gets added to the car that needs to be plumbed , or ive ordered the wrong thread on something , much simpler to get it changed over and credited back when the supplier is local.
    if i had to wait 3-4 days each time something extra was needed then it drags out.
    the bulk buying edo speaks off would go partway to explaining the price difference for the same fitting.
    Yeah as a business doing a fair bit of work with the stuff it makes sense to either have a substantial supply of your own, or a readily accessible supplier who does. A supply of your own is going to pocket your business alot more profit, but the investment might not be worth it unless youve got a substantial turn over of stock, which for a one man operation Im guessing you dont and most of your profit is in the labour, not supply of trivial bits.

But, for most of the cunts on here who would only care about their own car, are tight arses and have a good idea of what they need, its pretty clear what the best way to go is.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post
      I dont think JEGS does. Im pretty sure they are a major physical store in the US, not just an online store.
      did you read my post?

EDIT: maybe it wasnt clear.

i was saying that they parts are made in china, so any wholesale orders from JEGS might not go via Australia...

Comment

I've had no issues with Speedflow fittings etc... it is cheaper buying online but meh.. somethings i prefer to be able to get them here within a day rather than wait.... which is usually not an option when it needs to be done right away...

besides... im also trying to get into Gerry Harvey's good books so he can hook me up with a mad 3d tv.....
        /csh Racing

Comment

Hi Aaron,

I'm going to require a fair amount of hose and fittings shortly for my build, things like dry sump plumbing, fuel lines, power steering lines.

We may need to talk.

Btw, Welcome
          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec_rx7 View Post
            Speedflow,
            tell Nick and Travis ill be talking to Mark about the pricing
            Lol, advertising back fire!

Check the JEGS catalogue before quoting me, obviously, but yeah 99% sure prices started at $6.99, RRP.

Comment

If anyone has any questions be sure to send me a private message!

Aaron

www.speedflow.com.au
              sales@speedflow.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                did you read my post?

EDIT: maybe it wasnt clear.

i was saying that they parts are made in china, so any wholesale orders from JEGS might not go via Australia...
                SPEEDFLOW said his parts were manufactured in Australia. Its been edited out now though.

I was commenting on the 2nd part of your post.

Comment

Speedflow is great, I don't use anything else on my car - it just works.
                  I buy from quantum racing.
                  Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

SPEEDFLOW told me in the PM that he sent to me offering to send me a free catalogue that the parts were made in China, and that is why they are so cheap?

Comment

I just think people become pedants about something that can often be done by a good quality brass fitting, new right sized clamp and correctly specced hose.

I wasn't aware about Speedflow's US pricing, if it was 20% more than the similar aeroquip / earls fittings I'd buy it, because the quality is better, no doubt.

Thanks to SPEEDFLOW for starting a thread which alerted me to the availability of cheap speedflow fittings from Jegs, this thread has been most informative.

ps, I tasted speedflow and aeroquip fittings, side to side, they tasted the same, does this make them the same?
                      Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                      I <3 Hamster

Comment

Originally posted by SPEEDFLOW View Post
                        Hi Mr Ed,

Speedflow products is made to high standard and quality and is made in australia.
                        All our products are from high quality aluminium or steel in which we have developed processes to ensure we continue processing a high quality product.
                        We use hard coat anodising, most companies only use light coat anodising.
                        Other brands are not! most brands are made in china with forgings.

Aaron Prins
                        Still says made in Australia?! Didn't someone say they were made in China

I'm interested in alot of this for the BA - but not if I know I'm being ripped off. I just ordered a JEGS catalogue the other day too....
                        Originally posted by lickmyleftone
                        But by all means drink a litre of rum, double bag the old fella and grunt one up it. If that floats ya boat.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEEDFLOW View Post
                          If anyone has any questions be sure to send me a private message!

Aaron

www.speedflow.com.au
                          sales@speedflow.com.au
                          Aaron, why not discuss the pricing issue publicly? Everyone is curious about the same thing.

Its not just you, so dont feel too bad. PWR has been doing the same thing with their radiators for a long time, manufactuered here but significantly cheaper from overseas even after paying for the extra shipping. Ripshifter does it with their products, depending on whether you order a shifter for a Holden or Pontiac GTO (exact same car, different body kit) there is a price difference of a couple hundred dollars, from the SAME website!

Rest assured, no-one on here is going to forget this issue just because you dont want to talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post
                            SPEEDFLOW said his parts were manufactured in Australia. Its been edited out now though.

I was commenting on the 2nd part of your post.
                            speed flow is made in Taree...
                            im a cunt
                            and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

SPEEDFLOW told me in the PM that he sent to me offering to send me a free catalogue that the parts were made in China, and that is why they are so cheap?
                              whose parts?

The speedflow site says most of their stuff is made here, the braided hose is made in yankee land, cant remember the rest.

the summit/jegs branded fittings and probably most of the other yank stuff is out of china.

Comment

Whats made in China? He said SPEEDFLOW stuff was, or their competitors stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X