X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can though.

Comment

You can multiply by 0, answer will always be 0.

Dividing by zero will cause the universe to implode though.

Comment

Now, if we could somehow connect this question to a sterilization machine......

Comment

BOMDAS (brackets orders multiplication division addition subtraction)
          Project HOUSE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JMick View Post
            You're right, you don't pick and choose what you do first, you follow the rules. The rules aren't left to right, but the rules of operator precedence. Go and google it. In the absence of brackets you always multiply before you add.

Mick
            How old are you? Cause I want to see if they are changing the way they teach maths at school. Cause I was born in 1980 my wife was born in 1983 and we got the same answer. Read it left to right without brackets. I also checked with my old man and he got the same answer of read it left to right without brackets and he was born 1949 and he was really good at school. So unless teaching has changed the answer is 0.

Don't automatically believe everything you read on google.

Comment

so all three of you are wrong then....
              2019 Tiguan 162TSI HighLine R-Line ole ftang biscuit barrel
              2011 Smart ForTwo

Comment

Epic troll is epic.

Or should have been drowned three generations ago.

It concerns me that pooeple like this are allowed to work on equipment & structures which I will rely on in life.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                  so all three of you are wrong then....
                  Well is this the case of have they changed teaching. Which does happen, or have we all forgotten a maths rule from school?

Comment

you srsly think the laws of mathematics have changed since your dad went to school?

Comment

I was born in 83 and was taught the BOMDAS method 02PRUV

You have an Ultima so I wouldn't give a fuck about mathematic orders of operation either

Comment

Originally posted by 02PRUV View Post
                        How old are you? Cause I want to see if they are changing the way they teach maths at school. Cause I was born in 1980 my wife was born in 1983 and we got the same answer. Read it left to right without brackets. I also checked with my old man and he got the same answer of read it left to right without brackets and he was born 1949 and he was really good at school. So unless teaching has changed the answer is 0.

Jesus christ- you are actually serious.

BODMAS. Still as correct today as a hundred years ago when it was invented.

PS The B is for Brackets as they override all other operations.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...l368l655l2-1.1

Comment

Oh yeah; poolroom.

Comment

50 this year mate. Went to a pretty good school and got good marks, have done a couple of degrees since then. Just rang dad and checked with him. He went to a nautical academy after finishing school and and aced the final exams. He was presented with an antique octant (precursor of the sextant) previously owned by one of the founders of the academy, for being the first student in the history of the academy to get 100% on his finals. He was an ocean going master back in the days when celestial navigation was the only way to find your way around and all calculations were done with log tables and sliding rules. If you fucked up your maths you'd run the ship aground and kill your crew.

Man up and admit you're wrong.

Mick

Comment

Well is this the case of have they changed teaching. Which does happen, or have we all forgotten a maths rule from school?
                              I was born in '75.... as EVERYONE else has said, BODMAS (some people know it as BEDMAS, same thing).

For what it's worth, my degree was in Mathematics....
                              2019 Tiguan 162TSI HighLine R-Line ole ftang biscuit barrel
                              2011 Smart ForTwo

Comment

You dumb fuck.

The reason there are brackets is so it allows you to change the order to do subtraction and addition before multiplication and division (i.e. to get around the normal rule of multiplication and division before addition and subtraction). Its not just left to right when there are no brackets.

Comment

Working...
                                X