Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning lotto - My secret formula revealed

Okay, so I wouldn't normally reveal such a secret, however I was telling my wifes family last weekend, and they couldn't get their heads around the concept.
    In fact, as recently as 5 mins ago, my wife again said what everyone else was saying, in that my method (which I will detail below) would not improve my chances.

I must state a caveat, which is that I have not in fact won lotto yet, nor play the game.
    However I do have a formula which I feel would improve my chances over an "auto pick". I'm putting it out there to the brains trust to pick apart my argument.

My theory:
    To improve your chances at lotto, you need to complete a card which has every number picked on it. Sure, ultimately to win, all 6 numbers need to be in that one game square ... however, by making sure that every number of the 48(?) numbers to pick from is on your card at least once, you are improving your chances that you could win the big prize. If you've ever had an auto pick, you will have noticed many repeat numbers, and always you are missing at least one number. This (I feel) reduces your chances, as when the balls drop, and that number is selected, you complete card has no chance of winning the big prize.

The opposition:
    Its a stupid theory. You have just as much chance of winning with an auto pick, as you do by following my theory of ensuring every number is covered. Whilst I might have every number from 1-48 on a card, my chances of having them all in the one game are just as good as an autopick since it is the winning numbers in the one game which blows my argument out of the water.

So ... I haven't sat down and crunched numbers, but in my mind it seems pretty simple. By simply having all of the numbers from 1-48 on my card, I have a greater chance of winning, as my "pool" of numbers is larger.

Your thoughts?

Every single combination has the same odds of winning it's called probability.
    If in doubt power out

Comment

Originally posted by seedyrom View Post

Your thoughts?
      I'm thinking that you didn't complete any tertiary education.
      Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

i used to play with "1 2 3 4 5 6" and "7 8 9 10 11 12"

and so on

people said i was crazy

i told them that the chances it would win were just as big as any other combo, but at least mine was proper organised.
        Originally posted by tim510
        More rabbit less turtle!

"No new car will ever be better for the environment than an old car that already exists. Unless that old car is a left-wheel drive communist shitbox made of uranium, asbestos and luekemia", oioioioioi

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all", god
        http://www.Tutter.net

Comment

wow, you're brain damaged. Gambling is a tax on the stupid.
          Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
          I <3 Hamster

Comment

what happens if you divide by zero?
            Originally posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
            ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

Comment

fucking lol
              3D scanning
              3D modelling
              Structural certification
              3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

as long as you believe it works then the gambling industry has done its job.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyXF View Post
                  I'm thinking that you didn't complete any tertiary education.

Comment

Take this theory to ACA.

Comment

And yet not one person has proved me wrong

Comment

Actually buying a Lotto ticket improves your odds of winning by only a miniscule amount.

Comment

And yet not one person has proved me wrong
                          Must b rite than.

Comment

I think this is an elaborate ruse.

However- there is a way to optimise your winnings if the numbers do line up- choose numbers >31 as most people are retards and will choose birthdays and therefore if you win using numbers under 31 you will likely share your winnings with some other retired.

Comment

To improve your chances at lotto, you need to complete a card which has every number picked on it.
                              I didn't think you could do that but your idea has merit, to dumb it down a bit if someone was flipping a coin i'd just say "heads or tails" and i'd be sure to win?

I don't need to prove you wrong until you attempt to prove you right.

I play battler's lotto at work with the rest of the people there, but only so they don't win without me as us winning would be amazingly ironic which i think improves the odds. on my own i'd never do it. the ringleader generally only buys tickets to jackpots "because you don't want to waste your luck on small prizes"

also why do people who win the jackpot go on the news and tell everyone where they just bought a big house? how are they supposed to stop their relatives finding them then?

Comment

Working...
                              X