No announcement yet.

WTB: lightweight fixed back buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparco Sprints are about 8-9kg each ... very much on par with the fibreglass ones. Sprints are a bit smaller and narrow.

Can get better pricing than that ebay link if you know where to look or who to speak too

Comment

Interested in a sprint v if anyones got one for sale.
      1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
      YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Originally posted by fantapants View Post
        https://www.tillett.co.uk/carbon-racing-car-seat.asp

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
        I've got one of these coming from the UK at the moment, the B6 was the lightest and narrowest seat I could find at a 'reasonable' price.
        LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Lol, I forgot I gave a mate some jaz buckets a couple of years ago, so they're coming back
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 5.80 at 121mph

Comment

Lol
            Originally posted by 50RTD
            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by neil_se View Post

I've got one of these coming from the UK at the moment, the B6 was the lightest and narrowest seat I could find at a 'reasonable' price.
              How did you go? There’s tiletts on eBay in the uk where they quote $80 for shipping, Shirley that can’t be right? Can they change shipping costs on eBay after you’ve bought?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tillett-...8AAOSwmexdzQmt
              Last edited by ALLMTR; 30-08-20, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Seems like very cheap postage but might be right. Mine was $110 shipping.

I haven't had a lot of seat time in the Tillett but it's been pretty good. The shape won't suit most people though, I'm slender and it's alright but Tillett traditionally make karting seats so it's narrow around the ribs.
                Last edited by neil_se; 30-08-20, 07:51 PM.
                LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post

How did you go? There’s tiletts on eBay in the uk where they quote $80 for shipping, Shirley that can’t be right? Can they change shipping costs on eBay after you’ve bought?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tillett-...8AAOSwmexdzQmt
                  Excludes: Azerbaijan Republic, Botswana, Cuba, Republic of, Mauritania, Mauritius, Paraguay

Sometimes they do funny special deals or simply get it wrong. I had a pair of Cobra Clubmans sent from the UK for 250GBP delivered in total, with postage about that.

If the price is right I'd just order, you could always cancel later if they jack up the postage.

Comment

Originally posted by neil_se View Post
                    Seems like very cheap postage but might be right. Mine was $110 shipping.

I haven't had a lot of seat time in the Tillett but it's been pretty good. The shape won't suit most people though, I'm slender and it's alright but Tillett traditionally make karting seats so it's narrow around the ribs.
                    What do you weigh? I’ve lost some weight but I’m still 90ish kg

Comment

I'm 6' and sub 70kg now, but I didn't have much room to move when I was about 75-76kg. The B6XL which is 30mm wider might be more suited.
                      LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Yeah, sucks there isn’t a local distributor (the Aussie one just does kart seats). Bit of a big gamble to buy without trying

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/LusoMotors/

might be worth looking at

Comment

Velos are 7.6kg, start at $750, have ADR/CAMS/FIA approval, have wide versions if needed and its likely you can find some in aus to test, seems pretty hard to beat.
                            this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

I’ve got a Velo, need lighter haha

Comment

Working...
                              X