Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks.

If you need some measurements of a non power steering vl intermediate shaft let me know, should be able to get some.

Comment

I’m not buying any more shit that doesn’t fit haha. I’ve got a mill and a lathe and I’m just stupid enough to use them
      I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warr...nds/1245345748

Here's one just listed Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
          Thanks but I bought a new china one

Comment

Keep us posted to how it goes, price doesn't seem too bad.

I learned way too much about Commodore racks for the Valiant. Manual needed VB-VK, in theory PS could use VB-VP. We'll find out how true that is shortly.

Comment

If you’re using a custom column or the column for the rack then it’s a non issue. Problem is trying to get a manual rack in anything later than VN. The manual rack uses a longer and smaller input shaft and spline and won’t mate up to the later PS column without finding the unicorn manual VN NZ market only intermediate shaft, or making your own intermediate from Borgeson parts.
              Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
              my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I’m going to cut the input shaft off the ps rack and machine it to fit over and lock onto the manual shaft

Comment

I bought two borgeson uni joints and some steering shaft from them and made my own. Worked out to be about $120 and worked well.
                  Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                  my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Is using the borgeson uni joints legal from an engineering point of view? Might have a need to do something like this one of these days so would be good to know.

Comment

Engineers just want there to be a mechanical lock of the unis on the shaft ie dowel, key etc not for it to be welded

Comment

Surely having the correct grade material would play a part in it too though?

Comment

Consult an engineer but I can’t imagine a problem with a name brand uni with a 1/2 inch bore on a 1/2 inch shaft

Comment

Originally posted by 67rce View Post
                            Shifty might be willing to part with one
                            Nein. Two cars, two manual racks. One of them is the one we drove 200km to pick up with that 28sp diff.

Cunts are asking $500-800 for them, we used to throw them in the bin :o
                            Originally posted by 350stato
                            100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Working...
                            X