WTB: XF Power steering box and Astra pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: XF Power steering box and Astra pump

Anyone have an XD-XF power steering box they'd like to sell? Bris preferred, but will pay for postage if there's nothing local.

I'm also on the hunt for a TS Astra electric PS pump...

TIA.

X2, looking for a similar combo for my XE
    Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

There may also be Ford/Volvo pump options, depends on the control system I guess, but could widen your market.
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Apparently Mazda 3 is also an option.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll look into those options also.
          Those Astras were such a piece of shit, most were dead and gone years ago

Comment

The Mazda3, Focus and various other of their brands have very very similar pumps, some want to talk canbus and others just want to be told the IGN is on. Volvo ones are much the same. Obvious would take a bit of googling and hunting around but definitely people are using them in other places. They seem to be more common in the USA

Also was the Astra pump by chance carried into the Holden Pooze?

Last edited by Aaron; 27-07-20, 05:11 PM.
            ---

Comment

XFJET, I picked up an Astra pump from a dodgy wrecker at Willawong for $70. They had quite a few available.
              It came with the wiring, bracket and hoses etc..

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/will...mps/1190696993

Comment

What are you trying to put together/achieve?
                302 Ford Windsor Technical Forums

Originally posted by rollin7
                but I'm seriously in love with this thing ...the pure uselessness and dickheadness of this mustang makes it the most enjoyable car I've ever driven, its fucking STUPIDLY loud for no reason, it gos real fast but wont slow down, they have made the suspension real hard and yet and it wont corner worth a shit. theres something very Aussie about it, like the drunk guy who makes a hat out of watermelon.

Comment

There’s someone selling an astra pump with an XF power steering box on Facebook locally believe it or not.
                  Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                  my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I came here to post what Jim said.
                    ---

Comment

I'm good now thanks guys. XFCUNT might be interested though?

Comment

Why not just go electric power steer? XC Barina is the pick of the bunch and an Opel Corsa control kit from the UK.
                        " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Working...
                        X