Wanted: RENESIS 13B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: RENESIS 13B

Bought an RX8. Has a nice body, but its chook cooker is busted.

Car is an 04 S1.

Don't you mean you need an LS1?

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
      Don't you mean you need an LS3/L98?
      Fixed

Comment

Buy a second hand RX-8 donk and you'll be back asking the same question in 3,2,1...

I've thought about getting one as a daily many times, but years of rebuilding track car rotang's makes me too scared to do it.

Rebuild a donk properly once and then enjoy. Or convert it to piston and pay a heap. Either way, you'll be paying a heap, well, perhaps only 4-7k for a proper donk build.

You're welcome.

Comment

You bought a busted RX8, wanting to put another rotor in it? First for everything I spose.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

Fixed
            Are 6L eligible for rx8 conversation?

Comment

If someone has something laying around to drop in with minimal fucking about. The removed motor was going off to be rebuilt.

The other and slower option is just to rebuild the motor in there.

Too much fuckin about for me to convert it at the moment. After December it will be parked up for awhile and tracked occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

Are 6L eligible for rx8 conversation?
                Yeah I could go 6.2 with the FD under NCOP. Rules are kg x 5.0 = alowable cc. So a 6.2l can go into a 1240kg and above vehicle

Comment

I've always thought my favourite Mazda KL would be a good thing for one of these. Given the RX8 shares underpinings with MX5 it should be relatively easy with Crapengineering input. Claire at Crapengineering makes all of the parts to fit KL to MX5.
                  " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Ended up getting the 13b rebuilt. The housings, plates and the expensive stuff was fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X