wtd Ford 200 crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtd Ford 200 crank

Wanted so i can see if i can make it work in a barra block. Happy to pay freight

Iirc they are cast and probably won’t survive a modern performance application.
    but will keep an eye out for you.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

there were two cranks for the 200, one in the crossflow style/size and one in the EA 3.2L, both are not compatible with the AU style main journals which are bigger and used in the Barra as well, some of the late EL engine were hybrid with the larger AU mains

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
      I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Originally posted by XFJET View Post
        there were two cranks for the 200, one in the crossflow style/size and one in the EA 3.2L, both are not compatible with the AU style main journals which are bigger and used in the Barra as well, some of the late EL engine were hybrid with the larger AU mains
        bugger, thanks. I'm guessing putting a barra head onto a 200 block won't be easy either.

Need to get capacity to under 3.5 litres so I can race in Sports Sedans, off the shelf destroker crank is 3.7

Comment

Big heavy lump of a motor though, coming from Barra owner. Could you offset grind the 3.7 for Honda journals and get capacity down again. Or sleeve a block with 3.7 crank

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
          Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by ahk068 View Post

bugger, thanks. I'm guessing putting a barra head onto a 200 block won't be easy either.

Need to get capacity to under 3.5 litres so I can race in Sports Sedans, off the shelf destroker crank is 3.7
            ok then try and find a 3.2L EA engine, these things have a good crank but you will be stuck with the E series block which is OK for north of 600HP when a turbo is involved but regardless if I need to stay that low with displacement and keep it a ford then I'd do the following:

Find a multi point EA engine and fit the taxi pack 3.2L EA crank, good luck finding both but they are available!
            Now fit EF XR6 head but keep the EA Multipoint cam

The EA engines had the best castings, the multipoint EA engines had the biggest cam and the EF XR6 Tickford head flows pretty damn well, if you use this combo with the BBM manifold and 4L crank you will get 200kw at the wheels NA ... food for tough

Or go old school crossflow 200ci with a snail if allowed and easy 500hp out of the bugger, I can get easy 350hp from an almost stock 250 crossflow NA
            Last edited by XFJET; 17-09-20, 09:14 AM.
            Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
            I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Thanks All

More head scratching to be done

Comment

Working...
              X