FS: - Genuine VN SS Group A ZF 6 Speed Manual Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: - Genuine VN SS Group A ZF 6 Speed Manual Transmission

FS: - Genuine VN SS Group A ZF 6 Speed Manual Transmission - this is not a Corvette or converted S6-40 like I've seen others try to flog off.

$6,710 incl shipping Aus Wide.

- Complete - Bellhousing and X-Member included.

- Beautiful condition original VN SS Group A gearknob included - once again this is NOT an automatic US Corvette version knob converted with the insert.

- Transmission has been converted to Quartermaster hydraulic clutch bearing and includes bleed screw line. Can very easily be converted back to cable - original fork & ball has been retained and is all included.

- Included is a complete standard VN V8 tailshaft with Slip Yoke to suit.

- Included (separate / loose) also is a forged chromoly Sonnax Slip Yoke - good for 2,000hp. Specially machined to suit the ZF output bearing housing seal.

- Included (separate / loose) also is a custom machined pinion flange for the BW diff - good for 1,500hp.

- Box shifts well, they are a tad noisy due to design and this is no different. This is one of the strongest manual transmissions ever put into a road car, designed by German engineers.

Tolerances are minute and do note: the specific oil needs to be used for optimum function which is hard to find. Reason for sale is upgrading to a dog box.

- With Group A prices skyrocketing, it even pays to have a spare box or a donor box for parts, as these items get increasingly scarce and experts in these boxes get harder and harder to find.

- BTC friendly.
    Attached Files

Remember the first one I ever drove not knowing how to get it into reverse...lol
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

WOW ! Didn't these things have some strange clutch mechanism when they came out? Some hybrid cable hydraulic thing?
      " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Think that was vr/s 6 speed that had cable to hydraulic setup on gearbox.....vs series 3 utes & vt series 1 then went to normal hydraulic clutch setup.

vn group a was only holden to get the zf 6 speed iirc..vr/s got t56(?)
        an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Cheaper than a fucking JZA80 6 speed and this one is actually special.

Comment

Too many tyre kickers and dreamers that fail to see the value I guess, considering it's reasonably priced. Had like 5 or 6 people waste my time already - even on eBay.

Yep that strange one mentioned was the early T-56, cable over hydraulic.

Comment

That diff went quicker than i had time to work out wheel sizes or to even think about it lol.

What's holdup with buyers/dreamers?

Basically all there ready to go for vn to vs that wants to go manual with high powered holden v8

Comment

Originally posted by gtrboyy View Post
                vn group a was only holden to get the zf 6 speed iirc..vr/s got t56(?)

I thought t56 to vr-vs required some massaging to tunnel. Might be wrong though.

Comment

VR/vs tunnel is huge. Fits a t400 with room to spare

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                  Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

They're all big bubba's, the ZF being the biggest. Huge boxes. All will fit, but very tightly in the tunnel between different boxes and models.

Originally posted by gtrboyy View Post
                    That diff went quicker than i had time to work out wheel sizes or to even think about it lol.

What's holdup with buyers/dreamers?

Basically all there ready to go for vn to vs that wants to go manual with high powered holden v8

All the drag fags want auto's? lol

Some dick on eBay won it, but then decided he'd simply won the opportunity to consider purchasing it, and that payment or even responding to messages regarding payment was optional.

Another guy in NZ wanted it for his Walky - took the time to quote it all up before he decides he doesn't have the cash and "if only it had been a month before".

Rinse and repeat all the rest. Of course, a fellow PF'er bought the diff, which is why it was a straight up, same day, come pick it up and sling cash sale.

Might just end up saving it for a rainy day, or until someone really needs it. But they certainly won't be getting it for this price advertised lol.

Comment

I would put the cunt in a box under a bench, its not going to go down in value.

Comment

Let it sit in somewhere safe & out of the way...put up ad in couple months.

Eventually someone will find ad then track you down if they're keen enough.

Guess it was good thing that diff sold quick so I couldn't buy 20x10 fr-1 & mini-tub another farkin' car again.

Comment

You can store it in my VN if you like man. I don't mind at all :D
                          1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
                          YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Working...
                          X