Wanted M90 or similar supercharger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted M90 or similar supercharger.

Wouldn't mind having a play with a mild twincharge arrangement, I swear you could fall over an M90 a few years ago, the only one on ebay/gumtree appears to be a scammer who won't respond to my messages saying I want to pick up.

If anyone has a positive displacement blower of similar displacement/rated flow for rev ceiling I'm interested if it isn't approaching the drug money harrop want for new TVS.

one on epay - but in SA

Comment

Originally posted by T View Post
      one on epay - but in SA
      Yeah if they were happy to post I'd have a go with that.

Might just have to suck it up and buy a 900cc from Harrop, can probably buy it and a G42 compact from Pulsar for the same price as a Garrett G series or BW EFR anyway.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35369640...Condition=3000

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Maybe try a merc wrecker? Pretty sure the w203/204 Kompressor engines used an Eaton blower
            1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
            1980 Gemini Sedan
            1987 Range Rover Vogue
            1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

I will do some reading on the displacement of the various merc chargers. You need to try to match the volume/rev range pretty well to generate decent boost down low.

Comment

the commonly available merc supercharger is the m45 - loadso f them because no one wants them. the clk one (one with magnetic clutch) is the far more desirable one and is a m62 (actually referred to a a m63 with the clutch) then there is the trick amg stuff - but it all has very specific housings so is hard to modify

Comment

Is there a reason why? Mini appears to use the m45 as well, google says lots of yanks using them on MX5s. Always wondered why they weren't more poplar; looking at the photos it's the air in/out that's a bit awkwardly shaped but doesn't look insurmountable
                  1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
                  1980 Gemini Sedan
                  1987 Range Rover Vogue
                  1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

yes the shape is the main reason - fine if you have a mill and a tig welder and can play around, but if you can do that, you would start with a better supercharger than a eaton m45 in the first place

Comment

I have an M45 that will end up on one of my 131 motors. It has the funky inlet. Ideally yes I would start with a better charger but I have this as it came with a tray load of other performance and EFI bits.

Will knock up something like this for pipework.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	00FAE918-C588-4419-BDE9-090C6D87B55F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	179.6 KB ID:	7300117
                      Last edited by boosted; 03-10-21, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X