X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low km VS SS Commodore - for sale or swap for econobox of similar value

Hi guys

GF's Mum has just moved from full time work to living on a disability pension of $175/week. This is a VERY regretful sale but there is no way around it and it's taken me two months to talk her into it.

Details are a little rough as it's not mine but:

Model: VS Commodore SS Sedan
    Year: probably around 96 being a VS
    Colour: White
    Kms: Around 170k which is pretty low for a car like this
    Condition: Generally generally quite good and very good for age. With a Saturday morning spent on it the car would come up looking a million dollars.
    Accessories: All electrics and cruise control. I know it has aircon too but I've never used it so can't comment as to whether it works well or not.
    Extras: here's the good bit! Although it is genuiniely a 55yo lady's car she had it serviced at a mechanic who does a bit of performance stuff and they talked her into a few mods. So, it has an aftermarket exhaust (sounds great!) and
    Price: I'm not 100% sure what it's worth but maybe $9k? Not sure, would be pretty flexible on this. Somewhere around there would be good anyway, I know she paid double that a few years ago. Also consider swap for a good condition later model automatic econobox, preferably something a little larger like a lancer or pulsar as she is a fairly big lady. Must have air & steer. Will accept cash adjustment if swapping lower value car. She can not afford to offer any cash adjustment of her own.
    Location: Victoria Point but if you're a dead serious buyer/swapper then
    Although it is a lady owner car she had it serviced at a performance workshop and they talked her into a few modifications so it is a pretty good buy. It has an aftermarket exhaust (standard headers) and sounds pretty tough, and a set of rims on it... either 18s or 19s. They're not big dollar rims but they don't look too bad and if you lowered the car I reckon it would look tops.

General: Car has never been used for towing (no tow bar!) but I reckon it would make an AWESOME tow car. I've driven it a bit and it's a great car to drive. A little heavy on fuel around town (about 400k to a tank if you're a bit heavy on the loud pedal) but on the highway with cruise on you'd get close to double that. Has rego until November, oil & filter change about 8 weeks ago, two new tyres a couple of months back, other two are ok. Should pass RWC no problems.

No pictures I'm afraid but the car is as described. I can probably organise pictures but it would take a while, you're better off coming to have a look.

Originally posted by 350stato
    100% agree with Shifty

Just looked up market value... so $9k looks to be on the money, especially considering condition/ks/extras...

Estimated Valuations:
    Average kms 232,000
    $11100-13320 dealer price
    $7110-8690 private sale
    $6900-7900 trade in
    100% agree with Shifty

Comment

It looks prettymuch like this:

With these wheels (but gold 18s or 19s - sorry best pic I could find):
      100% agree with Shifty

Comment

If it would come up looking a million bucks for a half a days work then do it for her so it doesn't look like shit when she is trying to sell it.
        Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
        I <3 Hamster

Comment

Time is at a premium for me at the moment, I'm lucky to have time for a shit lately haha

If/when I have time then I probably will do something on it but it's all just a matter of minutes and she would like to sell it sooner rather than later.

Oh and who said anything about it looking 'like shit'? It's actually in pretty top nick, it just needs a good detail to come up 100%.
          100% agree with Shifty

Comment

I dont think she should be selling it.
            1. Its depreciated pretty much as much as it going too.
            2. It has been looked after and they are reliable and cheap to fix if maintained well.
            3. If she is on Disability chances are she isnt driving a huge amount anyway.

I can not see the benefit of it personally.

Comment

If she once worked for the local paper and she lives on colburn ave then its a sweet SS well looked after. Good buy for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
                I dont think she should be selling it.
                1. Its depreciated pretty much as much as it going too.
                2. It has been looked after and they are reliable and cheap to fix if maintained well.
                3. If she is on Disability chances are she isnt driving a huge amount anyway.

I can not see the benefit of it personally.
                All good points, but you obviously don't know how low the disability pension is.

She will probably save about $60/fortnight by reducing rego/fuel/insurance to a basic 4 cylinder car.... doesn't sound like much until you consider that is actually 20% of her income!!

If she once worked for the local paper and she lives on colburn ave then its a sweet SS well looked after. Good buy for sure
                Good to see someone knows the car. If you know anyone who may be interested then let me know, I'm sure we can work something out for an easy sale/swap.
                100% agree with Shifty

Comment

I've done work for her years ago. I done the vertical blinds in the bed rooms

Comment

Ah nice. You still have anything to do with vertical blinds? My old lady was looking at some but had a heart attack when she was quoted like $900.

If so, shoot me a PM.
                    100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Chuck it on LPG. Costs about $300 after government grant. Then keep it.
                      1998 NB MX5
                      1997 VS II Statesman (L67)

Originally posted by TK
                      Fuck yeah, Kinsler stuff for holden 6's is like finding hens teeth buried under rocking horse shit next to the needle in the haystack during a blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by TD302 View Post
                        I've done work for her years ago. I done the vertical blinds in the bed rooms
                        Seems like I'm not the only person here cutting Dave's grass

Comment

Originally posted by oxy View Post
                          I thought you only pissed on it
                          Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                          I <3 Hamster

Comment

Originally posted by oxy View Post
                            yeah he (the cunt) knows i'm in it too.

Comment

I have a number of photos of the car, I'll put them up later today when I get the chance.
                              100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Working...
                              X