Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did all the Datto's go?

So I've been looking on and off for a little while for a C210 Datto or more specifically a Nissan/Datsun Skyline 4 door with the square not round tail lights. Yes its less desirable than the round tail liht/2 door, but not to me as this was the car I grew up in (my grand dad had one from new and used to cart us around) & its the car I cut my teeth in learning to slide around bush tracks and local roads.

They were never particularly plentiful but there seem to be none now? Did they all rust back in to the earth, are they being harboured in dark garages by weird Datto guys waiting for their value to sky rocket (pretty sure they already did!) or were they all just rooted from silly cunts sliding them around bush tracks??

Only ones I have found is one up the Sunny Coast 3-4yrs ago (dark blue 4 door) & there was a bloke with a gold one all original who was one of the aforementioned weirdos and had been storing the thing waiting for someone to give him 40k for it (granted it was a mint original)

I've also got a weird hankering to own another Sunny (owned 2 before) but these are getting harder to find too....where did they all go?
    Hide yo' wife!!!

That would be the first model with rear discs and EFI?

Comment

I remember my neighbor across the road having like 6 of these, offered for me to have them for free but I said no when I was younger, he scraped them all. Now they seem to demand some coin because there are barely any left compared to older and newer models alike.

Comment

Funny reading this because I was looking for a datsun 240k coupe for a while because my mum owned one in the late 70's around the time I was born and there is an awesome photo of it in my baby pics album. So all nostalgic or whatever, I thought it would be cool to get a nice one and semi-restore it. Anyway there is none of these things around that are worth buying it seems. Cunts are all about wanting $30k for a bare shell no offers I know what they're worth.

I swear there were plenty of these around on the roads 20 years ago but there is none left now that aren't either a pile of scrap or ridiculously priced, often both of those things.

Sorry that doesn't help just wanted to add my cool story.

Comment

For long period of time nobody wanted them even when cheaply priced they'd still sit on side of road rotting...other thing was never saw any in a garage or carport all ones seen were left outside.

A mate's brother bought a super clean coupe decade ago that cost him shitloads at time,first one ever saw parked inside garage & did wonder what the buzz about it..blew 20k on it sold for 5k turbo'd with blueslip after tanked their business dry of money.
          an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

The good ones were rotten 20 years ago. And they seldom heal. Most have gone to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by elfturbomax View Post
              That would be the first model with rear discs and EFI?
              Carb and drums ('78 model).

Sadly I think most died as unloved shitters but there still seems to be one or two around just seems like a real right time, right place proposition and even then also right seller as even though they are unloved people think not many left = $'s even if it is a shitter. Sure rarity is a thing but these aren't fucking 1600's or Hako's for fucks sake!!

Later RB turbo in one would be sweet or a n NA straight 6 with ITB's....sensible would be cheapest LS1 possible and skid it.
              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Where have they gone ? The middle east, apparently they are a bit of a cult car there.

Comment

Really??? Fucken dirty bomb wog sand nigger motherfuckers. A jihad on them!

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
                  Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Haven't most of them returned to the earth?
                    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

I had the same thing with 180b's, had one as my first car and had so much fun rally driving it in forestry's and generally driving it like I stole it. Thought how awesome would it be to have another one, got a rude shock when I started looking, either rusted badly or wanting big $$
                      Hr under construction

Comment

Rusted to junk, crushed or some redneck cunt wants retirement fund money.

Edit plus the middle east thing for old skyline shitboxes.
                        RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by hrt5l View Post
                          I had the same thing with 180b's, had one as my first car and had so much fun rally driving it in forestry's and generally driving it like I stole it. Thought how awesome would it be to have another one, got a rude shock when I started looking, either rusted badly or wanting big $$
                          You can still buy a 180b sedan for $2500-3k in good condition. 240k's start at $6k for one that needs every panel replaced or is completely rusted, people will repair anything with regards to 240k's these days.

c210's are the ugly step sister, so people would pull out the 5 speed & literally cube the rest, hence they aren't around anymore really.
                          Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

Yeh but who wants a 180b. Ive crashed a few and i still believe i did the datsun world a favour :D
                            RB26......................Again

Comment

Someone posted a c210 for $1000 on the downunder datsuns facebook page last night

Comment

Working...
                              X