Where did all the Datto's go?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a Stanza SSS? Haven't seen one of them in a long time.
    1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrie View Post
      Someone posted a c210 for $1000 on the downunder datsuns facebook page last night
      Have requested access, any info on it....rusted and fucked or??? (for 1k I wouldnt have high hopes)
      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rolin7 View Post
        You can still buy a 180b sedan for $2500-3k in good condition. 240k's start at $6k for one that needs every panel replaced or is completely rusted, people will repair anything with regards to 240k's these days.

c210's are the ugly step sister, so people would pull out the 5 speed & literally cube the rest, hence they aren't around anymore really.
        I couldn't find any. If you know of any let me know
        Hr under construction

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
          Yeh but who wants a 180b. Ive crashed a few and i still believe i did the datsun world a favour :D
          I loved my 180b and would own another one if I could find one in good condition without the price tag.
          Hr under construction

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
            Have requested access, any info on it....rusted and fucked or??? (for 1k I wouldnt have high hopes)
            I can't find it now. It was a screenshot of an ad from another group.

There's also a guy on there buying them all up and sending them to Kuwait.

Comment

Yeh I saw him, nobody wants to sell to him. Lol

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrie View Post
                I can't find it now. It was a screenshot of an ad from another group.

There's also a guy on there buying them all up and sending them to Kuwait.
                If hes from the northern suburbs of Vic that will be Ali; hes sent a shitload of these and 280zxs up to Kuwait.

Most of these [C110 and C210s 4 doors] went middle east, cunts pay huge money for them. 15 to 20k is the average going rate for a running/complete but absolute fucked with rust sedan, no italics - fuck knows what or how much they get for them up there. Turn up to a datto show and there will be usually 2 or 3 of the cunts walking around harassing the owners to sell. The 2 doors the arabs dont like as much, but these rust like cunts so next to impossible to find.

A mate has a few of these so get to hear him rage about how the arabs have fucked everything from supply to prices on a weekly basis lol
                1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
                1980 Gemini Sedan
                1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

As said, they were a cheap car so most were not valued by their owners and parked outside from new with the predictable result. Interesting how most people valued something by what it was worth in $ terms at the time, if it was cheap it was basically disposable.

Now, with Z cars for example, anyone who doesn't keep their car under cover is reminded that that's not really a good idea. After 40 years she needs a bit of care and attention mate. Same with using one as a daily, yeh, properly maintained it will do it but it's going to deteriorate and eventually it will get bent, for some strange reason old Zeds are a bit of a demolition target.

Does this help the OP? Probably not but keep searching, something will turn up. Those car search sites that keep you up to date with what's for sale might help.
                  Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
                  ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
                  ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
                  ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Thanks blokes, I might put something up on that FB group too and see if I can lure one out. If anyone hears of one you know where to find me (Chippers mums house)
                    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Many died sad deaths
                      Some went back to Japland too

If you want one... rob a bank first
                      Location Perth Western Australia

Comment

Originally posted by hrt5l View Post
                        I loved my 180b and would own another one if I could find one in good condition without the price tag.
                        x2 I kick myself now that we scrapped my old 180b coupe.

"Fuck it I'll get another one..."
                        BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/goulb...dan/1109832303
                          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

This is excessively bad for my bank account...
                            BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

not bad but you'd need to work with old mate on the price. He is over reaching by quite some way asking 6.5.
                              RB26......................Again

Comment

What about places like Darwin and Adelaide which are still 10 years behind the rest of Australia?
                                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Working...
                                X