• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NSW] Audi Allroad Shitboxen

Hi all,

Buy my shitbox audi.

Its a 2002 Allroad, 2.7TT auto.

Listed on Gumtree for $5500, happy to start at $4500 for PF no fuck around sale.

Stuff not listed on Gumtree: It's got some aftermarket chip in it, basically just runs a bit more fuel and boost. It will occasionally hit the boost cut on partial throttle when accelerating but it's that rare that i can't duplicate it. Front outer CV's need doing. I got halfway through getting them out and realised i needed to buy a 3rd new multi spline driver to get the inner driveshafts removed and threw in the towel. I'll throw in the replacement outers as they are just taking up space on a shelf. And it has a very small leak around the top radiator outlet. I've epoxied it up and it's holding ok. Bought a replacement radiator and turns out it's too short so cracked it again and just patched up the original radiator. And it's got a k&n panel filter in it.

I bought it, drove it, didn't miss a beat, then serviced it and fixed stuff prior to putting it up for sale. I've never seen a set of plugs more worn out, must have had a 2mm gap but it still drove perfectly.

Gumtree text below:

I bought this car 5 months ago while i was between jobs. It has been extremely reliable while i have owned it.

I've repaired a few niggling things in the time i've had it like the windscreen washers which are a common fault (new motor and replaced hose), top radiator hose replaced (weeping at the joints) along with the bottom hose and temp sensor. Interior and drivers side mirror replaced.

Recently serviced with new oil and filter, spark plugs replaced, coolant replaced and air filter cleaned and reoiled.

The car has a few modifications, most obvious being the colour coded wheel arches and bumpers, 2010 A5 18x8.5 wheels all round and twin 2.5 inch exhaust.

14 year airbag overhaul has been completed by previous owner. They chose to replace the airbags with coil over suspension and upgraded sway bars. All work carried out by Heasmans Suspension at Tempe.

The car also has a 2100kg Hayman Reece towbar fitted.

Inside the original stereo has been replaced with an Alpine unit along with a Parrot bluetooth hands free kit.

The only real issue with the car is that it has been keyed down both sides. Alot of it isn't that noticable but there are a couple of spots that show up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_100318367_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	6633094Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_100332324_HDR.jpg
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	6633095Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_100347442.jpg
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	6633096Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_100400822.jpg
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	6633097Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_100411391.jpg
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	6633098Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_100424855.jpg
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	6633099Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_100447085.jpg
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	6633100Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_100502951_HDR.jpg
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	6633101
    meh

These always seemed like a lot of car for not much money. From recent experience I'd suggest throwing this on eBay with a low reserve - I got a decent amount of interest in my A4 and bypassed all the tyre kickers.
    230SL 'Pagoda' | 911 SC Targa | FC RX-7 Infini

Comment

Such a shame this isn't the 6 speed manual, lots of car for the cash however.
      Originally posted by Dimi
      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Drove this for the first time in a few weeks this morning, still working.

Pf price dropped to $4k.
        meh

Comment

Shoot me some low balls, I might accept.
          meh

Comment

Sketchy. How about you and I grab this, delivery to the offices of 5ortd should quickly follow, lift, flares and a run up to Fraser should surely follow?? What could go wrong?
            Originally posted by thebluerx7
            The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

do you still have this?
              Originally posted by Jim
              waaay too complicated a plot for one of those movies.

zombie bogans go: "Naaawwwwssssss"

Comment

Yeah mate, still here.

Radiator properly cracked last weekend, just waiting on a replacement to arrive and I'll swap it over. I've done another patch up in the meantime if you want to test drive it.
                meh

Comment

This now has a new radiator and a new passenger outer CV in it. No more leaks or clicks. Also topped off the gear box fluid because trans cooler goes through the radiator, what a cunt of a job that was.

Cunt that was buying it has gone silent in the last few days, no response to text or email so back on the market.
                  meh

Comment

$1000. Valid until I come to my senses and realise the utter hurt this thing will give me.
                    Originally posted by Dimi
                    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

I was gonna offer that too 😂😂😂

Comment

Not that desperate yet, Gentlemen.

I think the worst of the hurting has already been done to me, and that was pretty minor in the scheme of things. Give the gearbox a service and probably change the cam cover gaskets and the thing will run happily until you sell it to another sucker.
                        meh

Comment

Definitely interested.
                          Perfect mix of sports and luxury... Like an automotive version of a mullet

Comment

Not to thread crap, but changing valve cover gaskets is more work than doing a timing belt - timing belt is a "while youre at it".

As a counter, you can probably drive around indefinitely with leaking valve covers as long as they're not too bad... did it for a year, no issues.

That said if you get really keen on getting rid of it cheap, I could use it as a parts car maybe.
                            302 Ford Windsor Technical Forums

Originally posted by rollin7
                            but I'm seriously in love with this thing ...the pure uselessness and dickheadness of this mustang makes it the most enjoyable car I've ever driven, its fucking STUPIDLY loud for no reason, it gos real fast but wont slow down, they have made the suspension real hard and yet and it wont corner worth a shit. theres something very Aussie about it, like the drunk guy who makes a hat out of watermelon.

Comment

Leaking oil or burning oil. Fucking Audi's
                              Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Working...
                              X