X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 118I and SV8 ACT

Hi ladies

2009 118i - seems to have all the fruit, got excited and bought it, planning to put the engine etc out of the SV8 in it - no time or motivation, need to work on my actual cars, want a turbo falcon daily again.

Engine is fucked - had a quick check of the rudimentary bits, but can't turn it over, it's a bit dirty and used, but would be a good thing with an engine from ebay/etc and a clean, few scuffs - but im not asking much.

2003? VY SV8, LS, has a bit of a tick until it warms up, seeps a bit of oil, paint oxidised on rear left, clearcoat on wing fucked, 6sp clutch is 7000 km old (new HD one), funny clunk in the suspension, should really get that sorted out one of these days - reg til mid month, good stereo with amps and shit - I've driven it for over 12 months, hasn't given me any trouble except for the clutch (pressure plate collapsed)

Want to move on the BMW - if someone wants both happy to negotiate a deal, otherwise I'll pull the engine and trans out of the SV8 etc and stick it on a shelf - so also open to EOI if people want particular parts.

I have no idea why these pics look so washed out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Did you buy the BMW off dewey? by any chance??

Comment

I have no idea who that is - came from local fast food owner.

Comment

Price on the SV8 please ? PM if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
          I have no idea who that is - came from local fast food owner.

He's a local Canberra lad on here.
          Nevermind must not of been the car I thought it was.

Comment

Probably 4k?
            Originally posted by Potsy View Post
            Price on the SV8 please ? PM if you wish.

Comment

Willing to drive to Sydney in October or Melbourne on at the end of the month if PF'er from either buys it from there if that helps at all
              BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

surely someone wants the beamer for a grand? - money to be made parting it out at that

Comment

damn. You'd probably get that if you sent it to the auctions. Did you look into whats wrong with the motor at all? Im wondering if it has had catastrophic timing chain failure.
                  Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                  This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Timing chain seems fine, but something else is fucked

Comment

What, an LS fits!?

Me looks at the 120i in the garage....
                      Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
                      particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Does anyone do conversion kits for engines better than the fragile N43 yet?
                        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                          Does anyone do conversion kits for engines better than the fragile N43 yet?
                          https://www.brintechcustoms.com.au/b...s65-swap-check

Comment

E8x and E9x share the same chassis and drivetrain, so swapping factory components shouldnt have been too difficult.
                            Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                            This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Yes, subframes will bolt straight in and conversion kits for S65 and S85 (and LS1 of course) are available from a few places.

Comment

Working...
                              X