Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

BA wagon, turbo sleeper

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does it need engineering if option for factory turbo?

Comment

The two engineers I have spoken to have said it would need to be engineered because the Turbo wasn't available in the wagons from the factory.

Vicroads says talk to an engineer.

The engineers also said it needs to run a factory turbo ecu to pass without needing emissions testing.

Before the new RWC photo requirements came in it was easy, get a friendly rwc and mail it in with the transfer forms.

If it was really easy it probably would have sold by now
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

this would be piss easy to rego in qld
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

how so - only time i tried to get a rwc in qld the guy was a prick - ended up going to nsw and getting it regoed

If anyones got a hook up in qld for rwc send me a inbox

Actually vic too - dont need one yet but might wanna register a lhd car down there end of the year when the new import rules are implemented

Comment

Originally posted by rwd53x View Post
            how so - only time i tried to get a rwc in qld the guy was a prick - ended up going to nsw and getting it regoed

If anyones got a hook up in qld for rwc send me a inbox

Actually vic too - dont need one yet but might wanna register a lhd car down there end of the year when the new import rules are implemented
            sympathetic roadworthy, still original engine (well, still a falcon engine so no issues there) etc- easy
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Before the requirement for the tester to take pics for a rwc in Vic you used to be able to get one over the phone.
              Didn't even need to see the car if you knew the right people.

Guess that's why the changed the rules.

Now it's even hard to get sympathetic ones for classic cars going on Club permit
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post
                Before the requirement for the tester to take pics for a rwc in Vic you used to be able to get one over the phone.
                Didn't even need to see the car if you knew the right people.

Guess that's why the changed the rules.

Now it's even hard to get sympathetic ones for classic cars going on Club permit
                I've never heard of vic roads come look at photos with any of the other rwc guys I know, I think they did it to crack down on the really dodgy northern suburbs workshops

Back to this wagon though, just put the NA exhaust manifold back on and get rego. Chuck turbo back on afterwards and its sorted.

Comment

Piping through original airbox and intake is very cool, love it.
                  Originally posted by ALLMTR
                  Yes but more power is the solution, even if lack of power isn't the problem...

Comment

Yeah this would be a breeze in QLD to rego. Probably $200 for safety cert and mod cert total. Less for common dodgey safety cert only.

Comment

I have had cars rwc’d in qld that didn’t have any seats and a non mod plated, diff make v8 slotted in there. This would be no problem

Comment

Epic sleeper...the look on ‘insert dude in expensive car with hot missus’ face when this toasts him on a freeway roll on 😂
                        GT8
                        1UZ Celica
                        1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Sorry missed all going on in this thread. I still have it, I'm not that stressed about offloading it. My best mate has actually been using it as a daily for the last few months. Plan is E85 then maybe valve springs when i get it back from him.

Comment

Working...
                          X