Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTD - family appropriate (2 small kids, 2 adults) shit hauler ~$5k

planing on coming out to Aust in Jan with the fam, and will be in NSW for 2 weeks from the 26th october

looking to get a car/ute/suv/something in that time, which ill park at my old mans, and will be ready to go for arrival of the troops from OS in Jan

needs to run reliably for 3 months, needs to be sellable again (ideally quick and for minimal loss*) at the end of that

would be good if it was camping appropriate (maybe a dualcab ute?) or a wagon/suv? dunno, not being picky

what's on offer?

based in syd/bathurst/orange. will travel or transport for the right car

cheers
    ed

*may be a little optimistic
    Last edited by doctor ed; 13-10-19, 10:56 PM.
    Mit freundlichen Gre

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

hope your coming over in the twin 454 big block boat?

Comment

dude selling went silent. didnt answer when we were trying to arrange to go see it that sunday. meh.
      Mit freundlichen Gre

"I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

This may be the time when the AU on gas comes into it's own!
        Although I'd probably look more an a BF-II or even BF-III, and forget the gas.
        I don't think that if I had a family I'd want them on country roads in any dual-cab I could get for $5k, and if you're planning on driving for more than half an hour at a time the thought of being stuck in a 1988 Rodeo is pretty horrific.
        If you can stomach operating one on country roads (I'm guessing that for a short holiday the inability to overtake won't kill you), you'll get a 2nd-gen RAV4 for that sort of money, doubt it'd be too hard to sell after (but others may disagree).
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Ford Territory? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6314510/?Cr=0
          "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

Can't you hire something for about $5 over three months. Drive, abuse, return?

Comment

Another vote for the Terry, just like the Falcon only a bit taller......

And would be easier to get than a Falcon Wagon as everyone on PF has snapped them up and put them into storage for the inevitable exponential value increases just around the corner.....

Comment

gotta be the best forester you can get? you will get a 2006 XT for that
                Originally posted by doods189
                Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

Comment

VS Statesman V8
                  Originally posted by brasher
                  TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

3GEN Subaru Outback 3.0L?
                    =

Comment

subaru is definately a contender havig surfed carsales last night
                      falcon/falcon ute also rated a double look
                      i hadnt considered a territory, will go have a look after work

anyone PF have something they want to offload? rather keep funds in the family than deal with fuckwits no gumtree

and rental - yeah, ive done it once for 3 weeks, but fuck 3 months. rather buy a car for $5k and burn it to the ground when im done with it

Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cowr...led/1225168842

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/oran...car/1224631675
                        Last edited by doctor ed; 15-10-19, 01:29 PM.
                        Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

I’ve got a 323i e91. Great boot space and more comfort than jap cars.

It’s about to advertise for 10k and pf price is 8k as I’m picking up upgrade on Monday..

Bill. Psn - hxbtbox

Comment

Subaru wagons seem to be the backpacker car of choice these days.
                            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

8k is pushing my limit, although an e91 is a bit more baller spec than what ive been considering. want to flick me a few pics and details: ed . oates at hotmail . com
                              Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Working...
                              X