Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Mk2 or Mk3 Swift GTi

Hey gents,

Have had an itch thats needed scratching for years now and with the demise of my long term project, i want to get myself a toy that can be thrown at the hills on weekends and do the occasional track day in. I realize these are a bit of a unicorn nowadays but PFers have been known to stash some amazingly random shit so hoping someone here has one to part with.

Im after a mk2 or mk3 GTi, will consider any colour and or condition however the preference is a runner that isnt adorned with excessive fibreglass or dodgy early 2000s hot4s era mods. Budget is 2k.

I know its a long shot, but if you have/know of one that may be available, flick me a PM.

CheerS

Nick
    1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
    1980 Gemini Sedan
    1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Briefly had a '92 GTi back when they were new. Hard to believe something so slow could be so much fun. Post build thread when you find one...
    The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

I too had a mk2. Mirror the above, so many wonderful stories of high speed handbrake turns and other wonders left lingering in the brain. My car, Qld Reg 605AQS was deregistered only months ago, I want it back. Maybe you can find it.

Comment

MK1's was where it was at lol

Comment

Saw a clean one the other day in Castle Hill and did a double take. All have disappeared!
          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
          (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Remember when they used to colour code the twin cam stickers with the Croydon autosports stickers?

Comment

Good luck with the hunt. Had a turbo one back in the days. Good times
              Good one dickhead

Comment

Thanka for the positives fellas. Basically want something that doesnt need a ton of work as the Gemini rebuild is going to take me at least 18mths and thats way too long between drinks. Broke the gearbox on my wifes car doing the wodonga logic centre so i think its best i found something for myself.

Ive passed up on two so far; one looked like it had escaped Hot4s with its tiger mica respray and BSA wheels and all. The other was way too rough. Looks like there is no inbetween for these things!

There are others id consider but for now the Swift is what i want
                1980 Gemini Sedan

Comment

Have been looking for a tx3, micra super s or GTi for years.

They seem to trade quickly on fb groups.

GTi’s pop up in odd places like CRXs. I saw a very tired GTi being used by a tradie as a daily. Looked like a tired old horse on its way to the knackery.

Comment

Where are you finding these cars? Wouldn't mind a Hot4s spec one for the lols

Comment

Fb marketplace.

Comment

What Mortimer said; FB and in particular the Swift GTI page is the best place to start if you can stomach the fuckwits that post on there. Reading some of the shit is honestly making me embarassed that i even considered looking for one of these things.

Originally posted by Mortimer View Post
                        Have been looking for a tx3, micra super s or GTi for years.

They seem to trade quickly on fb groups.

GTi’s pop up in odd places like CRXs. I saw a very tired GTi being used by a tradie as a daily. Looked like a tired old horse on its way to the knackery.
                        TX3s are another one ive been sorta keeping a half-eye out for but I honestly cannot remember the last time i saw a running 4WD Turbo for sale. Would love a KH/KF but Id imagine when i DO come across one itll be in that price range that makes it hard to justify vs the other shit i want.

Dont know if its Covid or just my luck but pretty much every semi-cool shitbox ive wanted for a long time has gone absolutely mental in pricing. I remember recently you couldnt give away E34 5 series or E36 3 series BMWS; now people want good money for them.
                        1980 Gemini Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
                          What Mortimer said; FB and in particular the Swift GTI page is the best place to start if you can stomach the fuckwits that post on there. Reading some of the shit is honestly making me embarassed that i even considered looking for one of these things.

TX3s are another one ive been sorta keeping a half-eye out for but I honestly cannot remember the last time i saw a running 4WD Turbo for sale. Would love a KH/KF but Id imagine when i DO come across one itll be in that price range that makes it hard to justify vs the other shit i want.

Dont know if its Covid or just my luck but pretty much every semi-cool shitbox ive wanted for a long time has gone absolutely mental in pricing. I remember recently you couldnt give away E34 5 series or E36 3 series BMWS; now people want good money for them.
                          Seem to be quite a few TX3s in Indonesia judging from my instagram feed. Might be possible to import a restored one from there?
                          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

(TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"

Comment

F3ared - not just you. Prices on cars seem to have gone mental this year. People using super or saving money from not commuting maybe?

itsno - I’ve noticed that too, and Malaysia.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortimer View Post
                              F3ared - not just you. Prices on cars seem to have gone mental this year. People using super or saving money from not commuting maybe?

itsno - I’ve noticed that too, and Malaysia.
                              I guess cars are too valuable to scrap and cheap labour means its easy to get panel and paint work done.

(TM - AVENGE)

Comment

Working...
                              X