Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WRX Version 6 STi - whats it worth / EOI ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WRX Version 6 STi - whats it worth / EOI ?

hey all

my neighbour is thinking of selling his STi and has asked me to see what its worth or see if it would generate some interest

his info and his pics sorry about full potato spec

Version 6 STi, number 107/400 Aus delivered. Upgrades:

2.1L stroker moter with closed deck block (Mahle pistons, BC rods etc etc)
    ishimoto alloy radiator
    E1820 turbo
    550cc PE injectors
    catch can
    Process west intercooler
    Cold air intake
    MRT 3" exhaust mated to STi Genome muffler
    whiteline sway bars and anti lift kit
    Coilovers
    Brembo's
    2005 Spec C black seats with HKS lowering rails (driver and passenger)
    Full STi Gemone gauge set with conroller by Defi
    Aluminium STi pedals
    Type RA black back seat and door cards
    Water spray (manual and automatic switches with timer)
    Rear strut bar (may be an STi),
    STi S202 rims (rare?)
    Haltech with Apexi AVCR
    custom floor matts by Matcraft in WA.
    Pink sti trailing arms
    Fender braces
    JDM rear tail lights and clear indicators all round
    plus more cant think of.

Have some stock parts still, including the original block that has nothing wrong with it. Has been tuned to be drivable and not to the nth degree (obviously the engine has plenty of potential).

The bad: Could use a respray (I have a genuine boot lid sticker), rims came from the All Japan Gutter Rash Champion of 2003, 2004 and 2005, IT IS LOUD. Will need someone to tune the Haltech to fix the idle as it does struggle holding the RPM at times.

I have tried to get him to come to a track day with me but never has, im not sure if he really drives it that hard.

pics

anyone know what he could get or anyone interested?
    www.holditflat.com

how many kms?

really hard to say.. $40k?
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

if the tune and paint was sorted. 40k?
      as is... 27-30k?
      sell tomorrow figure-- 25k

ecu could be a pain, same for paint (but at same time could be simple fixes), no six speed, wrong colour, so i guess it depends on how much the buyer will take a punt
      does the aircon and the electrics all work?
      Last edited by clutch-monkey; 20-10-20, 09:35 AM.
      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

I own a metal tray version of this thing and had a few offers on it way above 40k but they all wanted to return it back to original condition so I would presume you'd want to give it a good look over and see if you still got the original suspension, seats etc. Those things cost a lot of money for the purists like $500-$700 a seat, even the little cubby hole on the dash is hundreds, even the airbox is over $300. I would rather buy one that's original or have the parts to make it original.

being white paint correction would cost about 4k and will be money well spend rather than a respray ... up to you, but you can flog it fast for 25k or restore it and flog it for 50k up to you

If it's over 150.000 it will be a harder sell
        Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
        I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

25k seems like a bit of a lowball, particularly given the current car market. Personally, I think you would be able to wring 30 out of it as is, but as XFJET notes, fixing the paint and the idle hunting would be money well spent.

These are a cool bit of kit and there aren't many left, just need to find the right buyer.

Comment

Demand for these things has spiked pretty hard. Original ones with low KMs are fetching $40-50K.

Comment

try 65-70k now for one that is still high milage but mint, white is fucking easy to paint correct! I got the metal silver which you can never color match so yeah

but if it would be me I would return as much as you can to stock and piss off the stupid red color AC shield thing from the engine bay, just bring as much as you can back to original and find some 16" wheels, trust me it's money well spent as it will increase the value.
              How many kms? do you have the books for it?
              Last edited by XFJET; 20-10-20, 11:12 AM.
              I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Ill take it for 25 K as is - Too many things to fix which are wont be cheap to bring it up to a 40 K car (time plus money)

Comment

Originally posted by 200 View Post
                  Ill take it for 25 K as is - Too many things to fix which are wont be cheap to bring it up to a 40 K car (time plus money)
                  dibs for 26k

Comment

Originally posted by The Panda View Post
                    25k seems like a bit of a lowball, particularly given the current car market. Personally, I think you would be able to wring 30 out of it as is, but as XFJET notes, fixing the paint and the idle hunting would be money well spent.

These are a cool bit of kit and there aren't many left, just need to find the right buyer.
                    25-27k as is would be fair- If it can’t hold idle and needs a respray that would be a big concern for most buyers.
                    sort those and easy 40k
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

20K cash no receipt.

Comment

Looks to have a new engine?
                        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                          Looks to have a new engine?
                          It does? There's paint flaking off the inlet manifold but that's a standard feature.

Comment

it currently runs a 2.1ltr closed deck motor and the original motor is spare and comes with the car.

i will get kms of the chassis, 2.1 motor and original motor tonight when i chat to him.
                            www.holditflat.com

Comment

Pity it's modded as it's a $80k car stock. $50-60k IMO or $40 is market is shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X