This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fury View Post

I reckon the GTR would sound better, give you more driving feels, and put a bigger smile on your face any day of the week. And also with some N1 turbos and a little boost will put out exactly the same power (high 200kw mark).

And they are super reliable too...just don't do dumb shit to them.
    I just can't agree. The BMW will be tighter, more responsive, quicker in any style of racing, more reliable, more comfortable, more everything except racing history. I am a massive RB fan and love the noise but a mod-for-mod comparison (light boost increase, exhaust) the BMW sounds better than a mostly stock RB26 to me.

I guess 30 years of technology and engineering makes a slightly better car. And after 30 years shit starts to play up

Comment

I know right, give me a 360 over a 40 every day.
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

I just can't agree. The BMW will be tighter, more responsive, quicker in any style of racing, more reliable, more comfortable, more everything except racing history. I am a massive RB fan and love the noise but a mod-for-mod comparison (light boost increase, exhaust) the BMW sounds better than a mostly stock RB26 to me.

I guess 30 years of technology and engineering makes a slightly better car. And after 30 years shit starts to play up
        no 30 yr old plastics and fucked clips etc and everything nla
        but, GTR is hero car.
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

My wife would go the F360 Luke. Don't be like my wife.
          Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
            My wife would go the F360 Luke. Don't be like my wife.
            I told you I didn't do your... oh wait

Don't be the person who is so terrible at assessing cars that they think a an R32 GTR does anything dynamic better than an A90 apart from be a hero car

Comment

For certain, their wheels are more round, the engine has more electronics and fuel econ is superb for the weight. No one gets the technology and pace of a car more, but fun to drive and connection to the car 99% of buying these, and lots of people want these compared to the number of these left.

Not sure what we are arguing about though, that the cars people like to drive are wrong cars?
              Jason Broadhurst

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                For certain, their wheels are more round, the engine has more electronics and fuel econ is superb for the weight. No one gets the technology and pace of a car more, but fun to drive and connection to the car 99% of buying these, and lots of people want these compared to the number of these left.

Not sure what we are arguing about though, that the cars people like to drive are wrong cars?
                Exactly.. .. it's about a hydraulic AWD, cable driven throttle, actual human row gearbox (even if slower). and sliding sideways until attessa finally kicks in, and a heap of rough ride and noise within the cabin. And probably only a bit slower in anything you care to do.. with 30 years on-top of it. And you get the history, and something that was close to the best of its time for a production car. People pay for the nostalgia and history above something that is "better", it's always been the way.
                Last edited by fury; 23-02-21, 08:19 PM.
                RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Today's highlights
                  Jason Broadhurst

Comment

id reply with "actually its just sold for the asking, sorry your too late" and watch his meth fuelled head explode
                    I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                    WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                    robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post

Exactly.. .. it's about a hydraulic AWD, cable driven throttle, actual human row gearbox (even if slower). and sliding sideways until attessa finally kicks in, and a heap of rough ride and noise within the cabin. And probably only a bit slower in anything you care to do.. with 30 years on-top of it. And you get the history, and something that was close to the best of its time for a production car. People pay for the nostalgia and history above something that is "better", it's always been the way.
                      This, right here is EXACTLY why so many people will always prefer one of the 90's JDM hero cars over a modern day missile.

Its all about the analog nature of the car, and the fact that people want to feel like they, and they alone, are driving the car, rather than having 11ty different ECU's and nanny controls taking care of things when you run out of talent.

When driving my A80, the smile I get on my face, and the puckering up of my arse cheeks, when Im tentatively rolling into boost while heading in and out of some tight uphill bends, is something that cannot be, imho, replicated with the modern batch of cars. Being connected to all that power by nothing more than a throttle cable, a steering wheel and a gear stick makes the enjoyment factor simply unbeatable.

None of this is a criticism of any modern performace car, as they are amazing in their own way, and point to point will more than likely come out on top with all other things being equal, but they are just two entirely different beasts, hence the growing demand and increasing prices we are all witnessing lately.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
                        I say because the R34 is the final evolution of the model run, Big change from R31 to R32, incremental changes R32-R33-R34.
                        There are also 45000 r32s and only 11000 r34s

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

This, right here is EXACTLY why so many people will always prefer one of the 90's JDM hero cars over a modern day missile.

Its all about the analog nature of the car, and the fact that people want to feel like they, and they alone, are driving the car, rather than having 11ty different ECU's and nanny controls taking care of things when you run out of talent.

When driving my A80, the smile I get on my face, and the puckering up of my arse cheeks, when Im tentatively rolling into boost while heading in and out of some tight uphill bends, is something that cannot be, imho, replicated with the modern batch of cars. Being connected to all that power by nothing more than a throttle cable, a steering wheel and a gear stick makes the enjoyment factor simply unbeatable.

None of this is a criticism of any modern performace car, as they are amazing in their own way, and point to point will more than likely come out on top with all other things being equal, but they are just two entirely different beasts, hence the growing demand and increasing prices we are all witnessing lately.
                          I think we have our wires crossed here. I would class myself as one of the bigger advocates of the analogue car and the reason why I road and track an FD. Just seems like mental money when everything is better on the newer car for the same money- including engagement for me.

Also a decent modern sports car doesn't have DBW issues- thats Hilux issues. Turn off all the systems in a modern car and the issue you have is pushing it fast enough to feel the machine. That's probably the bigger issue- slower cars are more fun to push to the limit on the road

Comment

So you agree older cars are more fun to drive, but the price shouldn't reflect that plus the nostalgia/investment side of things? Sorry to say, but with logic like that, you are more and more like my wife

I'm buying an M3 with my GTR money just so we are clear on the new old car thing too lads.
                            Jason Broadhurst

Comment

An example of the world now is you can not buy a Rolex from Rolex, sold out. If you get any steel Rolex you can sell it for 30% on retail the next day so picking logic is difficult.
                              3D scanning
                              3D modelling
                              Structural certification
                              3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

FOMO is strong
                                Jason Broadhurst

Comment

Working...
                                X