• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QLD] 1972 VW SuperBug

Shed cleanout time here.
    $10000.00
    1973 SuperBug
    our Mechanic has gone over it completely and its been extensively serviced, new muffler
    few spots, we rescued a couple years ago and it was sitting outside with no protection for years
    Plates included as no use to us
    Does run
    Last edited by Nopics; 28-07-21, 08:43 PM.

Ive never seen one in this colour, and I love it. This will make somebody very happy

What is the steering wheel off?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
      Looks original to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonWB View Post

Looks original to me.
        As far as I’m aware it’s original.

Comment

Yeah that's an original wheel. It's more likely to be a '73 or later being an L Bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
            Ive never seen one in this colour, and I love it. This will make somebody very happy

that's the wolfsburg crest, right wheel for the car i'm pretty sure

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
            Yeah that's an original wheel. It's more likely to be a '73 or later being an L Bug.
            yeah it's an L bug, the windscreen is a different shape - can you give us a photo of under the front bumper?

Comment

I’m out today but can try get you a photo under front bumper... it’s current in the back of a shed so not sure how awesome it will turn out

Comment

I've always had VW Bug prices pegged to Mini prices. If so that seems pretty cheap!

Comment

So photos turned out shit, it’s bloody dark in the back of the shed taking photos under the car. Dad can’t help move it & it’s got a bit of shit blocking it in so can’t get into move until weekend.
                  clive (squirt) has had a quick look.

Comment

got these photos, hope its what was requested.

Comment

Do you think this would drive back to Adelaide? It is 3 years since I did something stupid and car related (Triumph 2500S bought off PF in Sydney and driven almost to Adelaide).

Comment

piece of piss for a mechanic - engine oil ,, check gearbox oil level ,grease the wheel bearings, spare points , fan belt , battery charger and coil and away you go..

would have to avoid nsw though..(hardest part)

but keep PF updated - cause you know , adventures ALLWAYS happen on a road trip...
                        Last edited by 9triton; 26-07-21, 07:05 PM.

Comment

theoretically it should, unsure what the top speed would be so possibly a slow trip. Mechanically in pretty good condition, we have only driven it couple km’s but never got around to registration

Originally posted by BigJonWB View Post
                          Do you think this would drive back to Adelaide? It is 3 years since I did something stupid and car related (Triumph 2500S bought off PF in Sydney and driven almost to Adelaide).

Comment

I had a quick(slow ) drive up and back the road. It drives really nicely, tracks true and straight, could do with a brake bleed but that’s about all.

Comment

for the love of. god do fuel lines. they go brittle split and fire ahoy .
                              I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                              WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                              robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Working...
                              X