APRA Pulsar - N15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post

To run at the front of IP is getting ridiculous now mate. Like minimum 50k car (100k+ in many cases) for what ? A $25 plastic trophy ?
    Let's be honest, running at the front of Excels or Pulsars is also ridiculous, less ridiculous than IPRA etc, but considering where the classes started, who the fuck wants to spend $30k on a fucking Excel??

Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
    Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post

who the fuck wants to spend $30k on a fucking Excel??
      •profi has left the chat

Comment

lol
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post
          Let's be honest, running at the front of Excels or Pulsars is also ridiculous, less ridiculous than IPRA etc, but considering where the classes started, who the fuck wants to spend $30k on a fucking Excel??
          Yep, absolutely mate. But Pulsars and Excels are a victim of their own success. Pulsars haven't reached the same level of insanity as Excels just yet as we're mostly NSW based. Every cunt wants to win a competitive "budget" series.

The bloke who drove mine onto the trailer (Josh C) for pickup would easily slot mine into the Top 10, maybe even Top 5. It was 15k with a trailer. Matty Boylan's car went for 19k with a spare built engine and a much better cage and set up than mine.

The days of a 25k Pulsar probably aren't far off though... but hey, in 2001 I paid $2500 for a very very basic 12a IPRA RX-7. Then sunk another 50k into over the next 4 or 5 years. Got it to Top 5 spec in NSW, maybe Top 10 nationally. And sold it for 23k....
          Last edited by Fatboy; 21-09-21, 01:11 AM.
          The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post

Yep, absolutely mate. But Pulsars and Excels are a victim of their own success. Pulsars haven't reached the same level of insanity as Excels just yet as we're mostly NSW based. Every cunt wants to win a competitive "budget" series.

The bloke who drove mine onto the trailer (Josh C) for pickup would easily slot mine into the Top 10, maybe even Top 5. It was 15k with a trailer. Matty Boylan's car went for 19k with a spare built engine and a much better cage and set up than mine.

The days of a 25k Pulsar probably aren't far off though... but hey, in 2001 I paid $2500 for a very very basic 12a IPRA RX-7. Then sunk another 50k into over the next 4 or 5 years. Got it to Top 5 spec in NSW, maybe Top 10 nationally. And sold it for 23k....
            Shoudl have held on to it. Hopefully Joseph's car doesnt sell that cheap!
            Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
            Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Hopefully it does. I'll buy it at that...

That's actually Harmo's old car. His and my RX-7's were built side by side in his garage at Lurnea. Rev Doctor did most of the engineering on Harmo's car and helped me out with set up etc but i had half the budget Pete did. That car (now Joey's) has probably had close to 150k tipped into it over the years...

Funnily enough Joey also owned my old RX-7 for a brief time too after the guy who bought it from me had fucked it. It just worked out cheaper to sell mine again and buy Harmo's than upgrade mine to the same spec...
              Last edited by Fatboy; 21-09-21, 11:47 PM.
              The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Working...
              X