Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatboy
    replied
    Hopefully it does. I'll buy it at that...

That's actually Harmo's old car. His and my RX-7's were built side by side in his garage at Lurnea. Rev Doctor did most of the engineering on Harmo's car and helped me out with set up etc but i had half the budget Pete did. That car (now Joey's) has probably had close to 150k tipped into it over the years...

Funnily enough Joey also owned my old RX-7 for a brief time too after the guy who bought it from me had fucked it. It just worked out cheaper to sell mine again and buy Harmo's than upgrade mine to the same spec...
    Last edited by Fatboy; 21-09-21, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nafe
    replied
    Originally posted by Fatboy View Post

Yep, absolutely mate. But Pulsars and Excels are a victim of their own success. Pulsars haven't reached the same level of insanity as Excels just yet as we're mostly NSW based. Every cunt wants to win a competitive "budget" series.

The bloke who drove mine onto the trailer (Josh C) for pickup would easily slot mine into the Top 10, maybe even Top 5. It was 15k with a trailer. Matty Boylan's car went for 19k with a spare built engine and a much better cage and set up than mine.

The days of a 25k Pulsar probably aren't far off though... but hey, in 2001 I paid $2500 for a very very basic 12a IPRA RX-7. Then sunk another 50k into over the next 4 or 5 years. Got it to Top 5 spec in NSW, maybe Top 10 nationally. And sold it for 23k....
    Shoudl have held on to it. Hopefully Joseph's car doesnt sell that cheap!

Leave a comment:

• Fatboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Nafe View Post
    Let's be honest, running at the front of Excels or Pulsars is also ridiculous, less ridiculous than IPRA etc, but considering where the classes started, who the fuck wants to spend $30k on a fucking Excel??
    Yep, absolutely mate. But Pulsars and Excels are a victim of their own success. Pulsars haven't reached the same level of insanity as Excels just yet as we're mostly NSW based. Every cunt wants to win a competitive "budget" series.

The bloke who drove mine onto the trailer (Josh C) for pickup would easily slot mine into the Top 10, maybe even Top 5. It was 15k with a trailer. Matty Boylan's car went for 19k with a spare built engine and a much better cage and set up than mine.

The days of a 25k Pulsar probably aren't far off though... but hey, in 2001 I paid $2500 for a very very basic 12a IPRA RX-7. Then sunk another 50k into over the next 4 or 5 years. Got it to Top 5 spec in NSW, maybe Top 10 nationally. And sold it for 23k....
    Last edited by Fatboy; 21-09-21, 01:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• aerobrick
    replied

who the fuck wants to spend $30k on a fucking Excel??
    •profi has left the chat

Leave a comment:

• Nafe
    replied

To run at the front of IP is getting ridiculous now mate. Like minimum 50k car (100k+ in many cases) for what ? A $25 plastic trophy ?
    Let's be honest, running at the front of Excels or Pulsars is also ridiculous, less ridiculous than IPRA etc, but considering where the classes started, who the fuck wants to spend $30k on a fucking Excel??

Leave a comment:

• Fatboy
    replied
    So this nugget got picked up today. Still have another caged N15 if anyone gets keen for one make series fun ?

Should have bought that VE from the NT
    To run at the front of IP is getting ridiculous now mate. Like minimum 50k car (100k+ in many cases) for what ? A $25 plastic trophy ?

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    My mate races a VY in the tintops and has an awesome time. Even picked up two fenders in the council cleanup last week
    This is where it's at. Cheap fun = win.

In saying that - i see a LS powered chariot in my future...
    Last edited by Fatboy; 19-09-21, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• itsnotagsr
    replied
    My mate races a VY in the tintops and has an awesome time. Even picked up two fenders in the council cleanup last week

Leave a comment:

• Nafe
    replied
    LOL ! Yeah, that idea has plenty of merit Mark but was hoping for something a little more speedy...

Something with more cylinders. Just waiting for the guy to confirm he's ready to part with it mate...
    Should have bought that VE from the NT

Leave a comment:

• Fatboy
    replied
    Originally posted by trent from punchy View Post
    Nice one.. get a $600 Mazda 2 now and join us in HHC.
    LOL ! Yeah, that idea has plenty of merit Mark but was hoping for something a little more speedy...

Originally posted by Rhys View Post
    What are you buying now?
    Something with more cylinders. Just waiting for the guy to confirm he's ready to part with it mate...
    Last edited by Fatboy; 15-09-21, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rhys
    replied
    What are you buying now?

Leave a comment:

• trent from punchy
    replied
    Nice one.. get a $600 Mazda 2 now and join us in HHC.

Leave a comment:

• Fatboy
    replied
    Thanks guys. FB ban lifted late last night, advertised it around midnight, was sold by 7.30 this morning...

Leave a comment:

• leothedrummer
    replied
    Lots of racecar for the money, GLWS, looking forward to seeing what this V8 thing is...

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    It could be......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X