Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NSW] [Sydney] 2019 Yaris SX Auto Red

Hi all,

This is sorta/kinda an "expressions of interest" page I guess, mostly because I don't (yet) have any photos and I don't think the ones from ad are still online (maybe just a search fail).

I bought Mum a 2019 Yaris SX auto in Cherry (solid red) around 6 months ago, to replace the Mazda3 she pranged, and she's since decided she's not confident enough to drive.
    So I'm selling the car for her.

If I'm honest, I can't 100% recall the details, hence this thread is really about whether anyone on PF wants it for the sort of money I'm asking & if so I'll get the details.
    • km's I will need to find out what it really has if anyone is interested, but from memory they were around the 21k km mark
    • colour is Cherry
    • 4spd auto ... it drives like you expect a 1.5L auto Yaris would drive, which is comfortably enough without having any spark at all, and it'll probably go forever
    • does have a few minor things like a few chips out of the edges of doors & stuff like that, from memory of the interior the driver's side isn't absolutely pristine but not many scuffs overall, I'd say it was in better condition than the average 18-month-old Yaris when I was looking though - again I'd need to get further deets if anyone's interested
    • she just put a year's rego on it a couple of weeks ago
    • RedBook tells me the 2019 has warranty for 5 years, so is still under new car warranty
    • I couldn't find any evidence of any prangs or anything, and she's probably only driven it a dozen times so hasn't had the time to prang it herself (but if you do find anything when looking - please don't shatter my illusions it's easier to sell if I think it has no problems!)
    • I'll have to organise something if someone is interested, she's in Sutherland but I couldn't really send someone to her place, I'll probably be bringing it to my place in Ryde in order to sell it so I could maybe organise something somewhere in between for a look &/or a test-drive

Now I don't feel I can encheapen it too far 'cos I'm selling for someone else, plus this new car supply thing hasn't gone away.
    We bought it for $20500 with 6 months rego (I might be wrong & it might be $21500 but I'm fairly sure it was $20500), and it's only got maybe an extra couple of hundred k's on it since then - it now has 6 months less warranty, but 6 months extra rego.

So I think it's fair to ask $20k, non-negotiable, for someone on PF to buy it and for me not to need to sell it PLUS Mum not to need to foot the bill for advertising etc. I think that's probably fair compared to the asks on CarSales, the ones still under warranty are 5%-10% more and/or significantly higher km's, and my experience when buying this is that cars for that price disappear quickly so I think it's probably a good price for any potential buyer as well as for me not to have to deal with enquiries from annoying people ...

I don't know if this photo from the dealer in April will work properly, it at least tells you which model it is (plus you can also tell it's still roughly got the same dimensions overall that it left the factory with):

Click image for larger version  Name:	AHFYFAOUP84D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	7302982
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 11-10-21, 09:22 PM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

I am very vaguely interested in this. I hate the thought of buying a Yaris, but driving in Sydney traffic, it does make sense. Damn used car market!
    Are you intending to go carsales eventually?
    Originally posted by My mate Nathan
    "Boob is almost as good as cunt"

Comment

Originally posted by JabberWocky View Post
      I am very vaguely interested in this. I hate the thought of buying a Yaris, but driving in Sydney traffic, it does make sense. Damn used car market!
      Yeah, I'm going to get off my arse & put it on CarSales at some stage, but I think that's pointless 'til I bring it home 'cos I can't get Mum to show it to people.

I'm actually heading down there this arvo, I'll try to get a few 'phone pics which show anything Evil as well as confirming the rego-date (for warranty-length purposes) and the odo.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by JabberWocky View Post
        Dunno if you saw that comment earlier ... but I took some photos, my sister has the garage remote so I couldn't get it out where 'phone pics don't look terrible, the interior photos look like someone's opened a bottle of liquid-paper & sprayed it all over the place so I can't post those!
        Although I'm going to have to vacuum the seats, particularly the driver's seat, my sister's probably done all of 100km in it during the last 5 months but she has 3 cats & there are all these short little hairs al over the driver's seat which I need to clean off ...
        I think I over-exaggerated the interior wear though, to see properly I need to get it in sunlight but it looks better than I remember. I also can't recall, I could've sworn there was some blemish or other on the paint in something that opens, but the edges of the doors have totally intact paint without chips, I thought something around the filer-cap but couldn't find that either.

So rego is 27/09 ... I thought I'd get the odo reading from the rego papers so I took a photo of it, but can't find an odo reading - huh? Bugger!

Couple of extra photos which I think give decent indication of general condition ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front_On.jpg Views:	0 Size:	363.2 KB ID:	7304280

Click image for larger version  Name:	Backside.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.4 KB ID:	7304281

Click image for larger version  Name:	Typical_Hubcap.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.7 KB ID:	7304282
        Last edited by Captiva Fan; 15-10-21, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks Captiva Fan . I will do some research over the weekend and let you know either way. Thanks for making the effort.

Comment

Hi Forg, I have another option I'm looking in to and I'm also torn with the ability of new cars to hold their value (for now). I don't want to hold you up if you want to push ahead with your sale.

Comment

Cool, no problemo … will post here if there’s any progress, but not likely to be for a week or two.

Comment

Working...
              X