Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Chromecast Audio

Looking for a couple of chromecast audios. Anyone got some sitting around?
    Disclaimer: I may have no idea what I am talking about

Rare as hens teeth mate. I managed to pickup some of the last stock from OW for $45. Might be worth a ring around.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chromeca...UAAOSw5OpetAn1

This would be worth a look.

Comment

You has PM.

Comment

Easiest/cheapest way to get a similar outcome is a google home mini (they are worth what $20-$40 second hand?) and an ebay bluetooth audio receiver (they are sub $15), when setting up the google home mini you can select its music/non speech output to its bluetooth channel.

Comment

If you don't need the Google assistant voice control connection these do the same job https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...emote--300-597

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post
              If you don't need the Google assistant voice control connection these do the same job https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...emote--300-597

The problem with the above is you you lose the speaker grouping functions you get with chromecast audio and other chromecast devices. Also don't think you'll be able to just hit the cast icon with this device either?

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I didn't even realise anyone replied.

Didn't know mini could BT out. Might be worth looking into as i have a few of these but a bit convoluted

For the interim, I used a gift voucher to buy an amazon dot which has audio output. Its doing the job until a better solution pops up

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
                  I saw those and asked the seller if they were genuine. They have been yanked from Ebay so i suspect they weren't

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

The problem with the above is you you lose the speaker grouping functions you get with chromecast audio and other chromecast devices. Also don't think you'll be able to just hit the cast icon with this device either?
                    You can cast and you can group rooms within the Hifly app if you have multiple units. But no I don't believe you can group with Google products.
                    Last edited by Luke352; 12-05-20, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Is this what you are after?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200515_104647_3.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	7143685

Name:	IMG_20200515_104806_3.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	7143686

Name:	IMG_20200515_104824_1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	7143687

Comment

I am sure you can group Chromecast and Google home devices together. Il

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                          Is this what you are after?

Yep thats one one. Check your inbox

Comment

I got one not that long ago from Kogan as a factory refurb.

Edit: Or, I recently got a home mini off FB marketplace for $20 and am planning on hacking in a 3.5mm audio out. There's plenty of guides out there but basically solder cable in place of speaker and away you go. I haven't actually done it yet though, only got as far as buying things, often the most immediately satisfying part of any new project.
                            Last edited by Jeo; 18-05-20, 07:47 PM.
                            ><

Comment

I got mine recently from Dick Smith Online. Works perfectly.

Shop Google Chromecast Audio - Refurbished - Dick Smith. Easily cast your favourite music from your smart device straight to your speakers, with Chromecast Audio. Turn your device into your remote – simply tap the Cast button from music apps to send the music instantly to your speakers Enjoy your favourite songs from Pandora, Google Play Music, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Rdio and more Get your friends to join in the fun &…. 811571016587
                              1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
                              1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

Working...
                              X