School me in double din headunits

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up buying a Toyota 4.3" non gps head unit. Was pretty cheap and does what I want
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by HoonBoy View Post
      Anyone got any alternate GPS software that doesn't stop the music whenever it wants to make a sound? I can't see anyway of stopping the sounds and therefore interuptions with the stock one.
      I just saw this. Mine stops music from the front speakers and tells you the instruction while the rears still play the music. On mine you can also mute all sounds while in GPS by holding down the GPS button for 3 seconds.

Comment

So, anyone found one that does DAB yet?
        Holding off buying something until I can find one that does DAB, not fussed about DTV since the kids have portable DVD players for trips.

Comment

There is double din unit by Orion that does DAB+ as well as GPS ipod etc etc but it is almost $2000 RRP. I don't think Orion is a top notch brand so that very pricey.

"The rest of the world should just give up and leave car manufacturing to the Japanese and Germans ." anonymous

My Kitchen Stools

Comment

Does anyone recognise this software?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/47...s_C_MAX_S.html
            Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Bumping.

Anyone had any experience with these?
              http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-DV...t_13416wt_1142

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                So, anyone found one that does DAB yet?
                Another 2 DIN DAB+ unit

http://au.kenwood.com/Car_Entertainm.../DNX4310DABNAV

"The rest of the world should just give up and leave car manufacturing to the Japanese and Germans ." anonymous

My Kitchen Stools

Comment

tv in the car isn't worth it, cause as you said, tv is digita nowadays. you'll be lucky if you get 1 channel or something ....
                  : ) my facebook

Comment

I recently brought an Orion double din. Fucking hate the piece of shit. Low volume on the radio is full of static. iPod cable has decided that the iPod isn't connected and needs to be plugged and unplugged about 5 times before it works.
                    When it does work, if you stop the car it will remember which song but reset your position on the shuffle. You can't play iPod playlists through the unit and if you watch videos you must plug/unplug iPod every time you start the car or you can't access the video menu

Got a real good price on it at least.

And fuck you iPad for auto correcting ipod to iPod

Ben

Comment

i've got one of these - paid $225 price beating some guy on ebay at a JB hi fi sale.

http://www.jvc.com.au/car-av/head-units/kw-r700bt

doesn't do GPS or anything special, but does everything else i need

Comment

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
                        i've got one of these - paid $225 price beating some guy on ebay at a JB hi fi sale.

http://www.jvc.com.au/car-av/head-units/kw-r700bt

doesn't do GPS or anything special, but does everything else i need
                        Yeah had 4 mates buy the same unit and just recently fitted one to another friends car... Had no dramas, works effortlessly and have heard no complaints from anyone i know who has them...
                        /csh Racing

Comment

You can get genuine VW RCD 510s off ebay now for $299 delivered

1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE
                          2013 Opel Insignia OPC
                          2013 Kia Rio
                          2018 LDV T60

Comment

Originally posted by happynicky View Post
                            tv in the car isn't worth it, cause as you said, tv is digita nowadays. you'll be lucky if you get 1 channel or something ....
                            DAB+ is digital radio.

Comment

Working...
                            X