Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incar 12-240V inverters. What's the hotness?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incar 12-240V inverters. What's the hotness?

Thinking about getting an inverter for the kids DVD players/charging kids's games, nopics' Mac etc. Any recommendations?
    Also is it an issue if it's plugged into the accessory socket? Provided the socket is rated high enough naturally, must check that actually.

ive had a yum cha 600watt one from dicksmith for years. never skipped a beat.

as your well aware, most cig lighters are limited to 5-10A. which will limit your over all consumption unless you hard wire it.

so look at the wattage on all your gear and work it out from there. cant see any of the above being too much of an issue. just dont run fridges/microwaves of it obviously. oh and they get hot, so put it away from prying fingers/well ventilated area.
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Make sure you know if the accessory socket is switched. Sometimes they can be always powered so easy to run the whole thing flat. Aside from that and the rating which you've noted they are not different.

Comment

Checked the power rating for the accessory sockets and the manual only lists the front one @120w, I'm actually assuming that might be for both front and rear sockets though. Will have to do a bit more digging to find out exactly, namely try and match up the fuse listing in the manual for the 4 fuse boxes in the damm car. Been caught out by the constant power accessory socket before, the Voyager's rear socket was constant power yet the 2 front ones were ign switched. Lucky for me Citroen has low voltage protection which shuts everything down when required.

Comment

it will be 10a.. 12v*10a=120w.. i think thats the math behind it?
          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

you could always run you own 2 core, say 20/30amp wiring back to one of the plugs, disconnect original wiring and plug in your own. shouldnt take more than an hour or 2 to do, and tuck away out of sight.

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
              Yes that's the maths. Make sure you're comparing the input current or power to the inverter though, not the output power of the inverter since it will not be 100% efficient.

Also the fuse will probably be rated a bit higher than the 10A particularly if shared with other circuits.

Comment

Yep, that's it. Doesn't seem like much headroom though, nopics ran a car kettle in her Colt and I'm pretty sure that pulls more then 10a.

you could always run you own 2 core, say 20/30amp wiring back to one of the plugs, disconnect original wiring and plug in your own. shouldnt take more than an hour or 2 to do, and tuck away out of sight.
                That's another option, although I'd avoid touching the OE stuff and run http://www.waeco.com.au/products5.as...subCatId2=127#. Probably will do that anyway just for piece of mind really, dad uses them in both his Escape and Challenger.

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                Yes that's the maths. Make sure you're comparing the input current or power to the inverter though, not the output power of the inverter since it will not be 100% efficient.

Also the fuse will probably be rated a bit higher than the 10A particularly if shared with other circuits.
                The 120w is what is printed in the car manual. Hence me not sure if it's per socket or combined. If combined I then have to figure out it's just the cig style sockets or includes the USB sockets as well, which I've only got one although apparently upto 3 are possible. More I think about it, the more then Waeco thing above makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                X