X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timer on glove box light

Hi,

Probably a pretty stupid and simple question, but it has been years since I have done any electronics stuff.

I'm about t install a glove box light in my car as it doesn't have one, attached to push/off switch which will connect as I open the glove box.

I was wondering if it is simple enough to put something in that will limit the time the glove box light is on to like a minute or something as my wife has a habit of leaving the glove box open.

If it is too much effort or requires parts that are not inexpensive then I will just deal with yelling at whoever leaves the glove box open.
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    Hi,

Probably a pretty stupid and simple question, but it has been years since I have done any electronics stuff.

I'm about t install a glove box light in my car as it doesn't have one, attached to push/off switch which will connect as I open the glove box.

I was wondering if it is simple enough to put something in that will limit the time the glove box light is on to like a minute or something as my wife has a habit of leaving the glove box open.

If it is too much effort or requires parts that are not inexpensive then I will just deal with yelling at whoever leaves the glove box open.
    Easier to put a self closing spring on the fucker.
    Or pull the bulb.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

wire power source to acc.

Comment

And use an LED instead of a normal globe.. At least there is less drain on the Battery if it is left on.
        1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
        1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

What sort of monster opens a glovebox without closing it again?

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
            This
            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
            Originally posted by nutttr
            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
              yep, or to the "door" light circuit (such that you don;t have to have a door open for the glovebox light to come on of course) or hide the switch.

this should do what you are looking for https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-5V-12V-2...-/323223186666

who decided it was a good idea to let lights stay on when you "turn the car off" anyway? is it an ADR or something? If I turn off my car and lock it I think I am justified in assuming that the battery won't go flat regardless of the state of the switches contained within, and if someone doesn't have the keys to my car I don't really care if they can't turn lights on.

Comment

Working...
              X