Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
    I'm going to buy a couple of BM869S for work but they are $300-400 meters.
    Hey mate, did you end up trying these and what did you think? I'm eyeballing a BM859S / BM867S for myself (non-tradie and don't muck around with much AC of course) and it looks like the BM867S can be delivered approx $215AU from a few of the EU distributors (ex-VAT and +GST if customs pick it up). Seems to be pick of the bunch for my use in the $150-300ish range.

Comparing the two it looks like the 859S is an updated version of the 869S without the dual display (and maybe slightly less protected?), otherwise not a lot between them besides 20 euros. I can imagine dual display could be really handy when diagnosing temp vs impedance or opening of relays etc. Hmm, can't complain with either I'm sure.
    Last edited by Lonx; 13-11-19, 08:42 AM.
    PF Gamers List

Originally posted by klampykixx
    if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonx View Post

Hey mate, did you end up trying these and what did you think? I'm eyeballing a BM859S / BM867S for myself (non-tradie and don't muck around with much AC of course) and it looks like the BM867S can be delivered approx $215AU from a few of the EU distributors (ex-VAT and +GST if customs pick it up). Seems to be pick of the bunch for my use in the $150-300ish range.

Comparing the two it looks like the 859S is an updated version of the 869S without the dual display (and maybe slightly less protected?), otherwise not a lot between them besides 20 euros. I can imagine dual display could be really handy when diagnosing temp vs impedance or opening of relays etc. Hmm, can't complain with either I'm sure.
      Hey, no not yet unfortunately. We're pretty small and money is a bit tight. They are still the ones I'll buy though. I have an older Brymen high end model that's copped a fair beating and still going strong.

859S is CAT IV 600V (but says 1000V CAT III on the front) vs 1000V Cat IV for the 869S but either is fine for anything LV (i.e. 240V and lower) IMO. Also only 8kV impulse vs 12kV impulse which is one of the 869S strengths (see the joe smith YouTube channel). Actually the 859S looks almost identical to my old one in shape buttons etc, except a different colour. So I would't say it's an updated one necessarily. I don't use the dual display on my old one much but it's more limited in terms of what you can display.

$215 for an 867S seems like a pretty good deal to me. Will they actually remove the VAT? You should be right to dodge GST. Best price I found was TME - their online store is terrible though. Where did you get the $215 price? TME has the 859S at 202 *USD* which is about $300 AUD before shipping. For $20 USD though I'd get the 869S all day over the 859S if you were looking at the more expensive ones.

Also not sure if you know but Brymen are Taiwanese trying quite hard to look European (and doing fairly well at it).

I think any of the three would be fine. They are a fairly well regarded "cheap" brand. I use multimeters frequently enough that I appreciate good ones. Fluke is definitely the benchmark, but bangs for your buck is hard to beat the Brymen.

Comment

Working...
      X