Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric seat controllers?

Is there such a thing as aftermarket electric seat controllers? I have a pair of Mercedes electric front seats I want to retrofit into my project car. While I can stick them on runners, ideally I’d like the electric adjustments to work as these seats have a lot of functionality.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Copy what the pomie car makers did in the 80s- go down to your local Tandy store and buy a random assortment of $2 toggle switches, arrange them in a ramdomly illogical manner and then badly solder the whole thing together.

Comment

Hah I’m trying to avoid doing what I usually do
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

In the BMW E46s the electric seat controller/memory module (item 4) is a self contained sits on the side of the base. It may not speak mercedes, but they may have something similar

Click image for larger version  Name:	diag_cbw.png Views:	0 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	7078650

Edit: Probably not what you asked
        Last edited by dsm2002; 30-09-19, 06:23 PM.

Comment

If you get me the wiring diagram for the seat i'll tell you how to make it work.

Or tell you why it won't work.

But it should be possible one way or another, i've helped a few people get seats from Jag XJ's working standalone, one guy even welded up a frame to make one into a gaming chair, had full adjustment.
          Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
          Originally posted by nutttr
          People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Awesome! Thanks heaps mate.
            willdo when I get a chance

Comment

Working...
            X