X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
    Tried our site sponsor for a price?
    $415 (Hitec) or $450 (Varta) for one for my golf.

pity I didn’t know about AS back then!

but still similar pricing really. They are simply FARKING expensive!
    Last edited by Cplus; 15-02-20, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
      Tried our site sponsor for a price?
      cheers, I had a quick look but a lot of generic stuff popped up, saw a good small light AGM one that would be good for something requiring a small light battery though. Will have a better look next time the lights get left on.

Comment

I put a fresh battery into our GTi just before I moved it on as it died with no warning. There was none available at many dealerships and those who had one gave me quotes of up to $660! I ended up finding one at VW Leichhardt for under $500 which seemed cheap all of a sudden...

Comment

whatever you do DO NOT fit a non agm battery. ive now seen 4 cars that have had a lead acid fitted and they boil the battery so it leaks or explodes and corrodes things.

also cheap agm's fail fast. a mate had a cheapo one fitted to his golf , 10 months later its fucked. no issues with the charge system and i turned stop start off for him.

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
            whatever you do DO NOT fit a non agm battery. ive now seen 4 cars that have had a lead acid fitted and they boil the battery so it leaks or explodes and corrodes things.
            Our Tiguan boiled its original EFB battery this summer - was replaced with a Supercharge AGM. Coded the car to reflect the change of battery type and all good so far, fingers crossed.

Comment

Got a quote from bunnings for the right exide model, ~$170 bucks which is pretty good. Called to order it in but couldn't get through, they said there was a 2 week leadtime and suggested I needed to pay up front, not sure I'm keen on that given the current happenings might hake it tricky or impossible to pick up in 2 weeks, assuming it is delivered. (covid-19 for anyone reading this in the distant future)

Comment

Working...
              X