Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fuck me stop start batteries are expensive

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
    Tried our site sponsor for a price?
    $415 (Hitec) or $450 (Varta) for one for my golf.

    pity I didn’t know about AS back then!

    but still similar pricing really. They are simply FARKING expensive!
    Last edited by Cplus; 15-02-20, 02:46 PM.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
      Tried our site sponsor for a price?
      cheers, I had a quick look but a lot of generic stuff popped up, saw a good small light AGM one that would be good for something requiring a small light battery though. Will have a better look next time the lights get left on.

      Comment


        #18

        I put a fresh battery into our GTi just before I moved it on as it died with no warning. There was none available at many dealerships and those who had one gave me quotes of up to $660! I ended up finding one at VW Leichhardt for under $500 which seemed cheap all of a sudden...

        Comment


          #19
          whatever you do DO NOT fit a non agm battery. ive now seen 4 cars that have had a lead acid fitted and they boil the battery so it leaks or explodes and corrodes things.

          also cheap agm's fail fast. a mate had a cheapo one fitted to his golf , 10 months later its fucked. no issues with the charge system and i turned stop start off for him.

          I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

          I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

          robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Sloth View Post
            whatever you do DO NOT fit a non agm battery. ive now seen 4 cars that have had a lead acid fitted and they boil the battery so it leaks or explodes and corrodes things.
            Our Tiguan boiled its original EFB battery this summer - was replaced with a Supercharge AGM. Coded the car to reflect the change of battery type and all good so far, fingers crossed.

            Comment


              #21
              Got a quote from bunnings for the right exide model, ~$170 bucks which is pretty good. Called to order it in but couldn't get through, they said there was a 2 week leadtime and suggested I needed to pay up front, not sure I'm keen on that given the current happenings might hake it tricky or impossible to pick up in 2 weeks, assuming it is delivered. (covid-19 for anyone reading this in the distant future)

              Comment


                #22
                2 min Timer on the internal lights?
                Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

                CJM 4 Life yo!

                Comment


                  #23
                  My 2016 Mazda 3 stop / start battery started to go. Mazda jumped on the opportunity to try to slug me $477 for a new battery but auto one hooked me up with a new “Supercharge” stop / start battery for $220.

                  I didn’t realise just how big those batteries were until I saw the new one.

                  Car is completely happy with it, I just had to relearn the auto windows which took all of 10 seconds.
                  Originally posted by Einstein
                  The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by carcrazy View Post
                    My 2016 Mazda 3 stop / start battery started to go. Mazda jumped on the opportunity to try to slug me $477 for a new battery but auto one hooked me up with a new “Supercharge” stop / start battery for $220.

                    I didn’t realise just how big those batteries were until I saw the new one.

                    Car is completely happy with it, I just had to relearn the auto windows which took all of 10 seconds.
                    yeah they are big fuckers, now the Wuhan virus is going away I might actually get around to ordering one from Bunnings.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      ordered one from bunnings, the battery is really staring to shit itself now, hopefully it lasts for another week or so or i'll have to do something dodgy to keep it limping along.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post
                        ordered one from bunnings, the battery is really staring to shit itself now, hopefully it lasts for another week or so or i'll have to do something dodgy to keep it limping along.
                        Amazingly I got a call from Bunnings on Friday saying it had arrived, picked it up, price was 160ish, just fitted It today, was going to power it externally during the swap but I figured they should have figured that out by now so didn't. Battery clamp had some corrosion on it so I cleaned fit up and rattle canned it a bit, got the windows to learn for the auto (hold up for 5 seconds after they close, hold down for 5 seconds after they go down) and did some stuff to reset istop, dunno if what I did had anything to do with it but the istop light isn't flashing anymore and the triangle with the ! In it hasn't come back yet.

                        Will see how it goes I guess.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          There's no AGM car batteries in Bunnings website catalogue, did you end up going with another lead acid?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
                            There's no AGM car batteries in Bunnings website catalogue, did you end up going with another lead acid?
                            I special ordered it from the in-store exide catalog, this is what I ordered

                            http://www.exidebatteries.com.au/bat...tion/SSEFB-D23

                            Available in two technologies, Enhanced Flooded and AGM technology. With 24 month nationwide warranty.


                            Think it is "enchanced flooded" and not AGM as I heard sloshing when moving it.

                            EDIT: yeah I'd say it is another lead acid.
                            Last edited by Roadsailing; 26-04-20, 10:46 PM.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              bringing this back to life, any feedback on autobarn autostart batteries? $134 on special and 24 months warranty
                              https://www.autobarn.com.au/x-pack-b...-380cca-55d23l

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X