Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gallardo speakers

Hi all,

I want to update the speakers in the Gallardo but I'm having trouble working out what will fit without too much modification.

Does anyone have a resource that will list the speaker sizes?

Also after speaker recommendations. I'm not planning to run an amp but will be upgrading the head unit.

Thanks

Based on a quick Google, there are no drop in replacements. Need mounts made up. They're an 'odd shaped' 6.5" woofer with a half-inch tweeter in the door handle.

EDIT: Looks like they use the same shape in a 2009 Audi A3. There'd be heaps more chavs looking for A3 speakers.

Lambo;

A3;

Go to the Crutchfield site and us the audio selector thing for an 09 A3.
    Last edited by willsy01; 30-04-20, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
      Hi all,

I want to update the speakers in the Gallardo but I'm having trouble working out what will fit without too much modification.

Thanks
      Solid humble brag

Comment

Ring Marty from FHRX Studios he can recommend & supply 0427 147 105

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll follow up the suggestions.

Comment

I’ve done some more research today and it appears to get the door card off you have to effectively destroy the main handle. It’s pressed together and popping it apart either loosens everything up a lot or the clips break off. You can glue it together though.

Need to work out how much new ones are before touching it.

Comment

I’ve done some more research today and it appears to get the door card off you have to effectively destroy the main handle. It’s pressed together and popping it apart either loosens everything up a lot or the clips break off. You can glue it together though.

Need to work out how much new ones are before touching it.
              Surely you can get new clips??

Anyway, ring Marty. He's your man. He'll probably know too, or be able to do it for you without ruining your car.

Comment

I vaguely recall Marty from FHRX doing a shit tonne of these. Rather than fuck things up working it out for yourself might be worth calling him and throwing cash at him.

Comment

Originally posted by nutttr View Post

Surely you can get new clips??

Anyway, ring Marty. He's your man. He'll probably know too, or be able to do it for you without ruining your car.
                  Apparently there are tabs that are part of the cover that are easy to break off.

Just looked them up at my usual source for parts.

$90 per side for the plastic ones (same as what’s in there now)
                  $483 per side for leather ones
                  $3,355 per side for carbon ones

Guess I won’t be upgrading!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kermit View Post
                    I vaguely recall Marty from FHRX doing a shit tonne of these. Rather than fuck things up working it out for yourself might be worth calling him and throwing cash at him.
                    Sounds like the man. Will follow up with him.

Comment

Apparently there are tabs that are part of the cover that are easy to break off.

Just looked them up at my usual source for parts.

$90 per side for the plastic ones (same as what’s in there now)
                      $483 per side for leather ones
                      $3,355 per side for carbon ones

Guess I won’t be upgrading!

Nice! Ring Marty

He'll advise you how doable it is and what it'll really cost.

Comment

Working...
                      X