Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend some 6x9 3 way speakers

Looking to put some 6x9's in the VL. Need something reasonable around $100 give or take as the 3 1/2 exhaust will drown it out mostly anyway

PM Kabab at Automotive Super store. He helped me get some.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Depending on the level of fucks given, its worth your time to go to a shop and listen to different ones playing your preferred music. Different ears hear differently and it can really transform the music. eg, when I was selling them I thought that the Clarion 6x9 sounded far better than the Kenwood equivalent, but had plenty of customers thought the opposite.

Comment

I'd throw what ever mainstream name brand 6x9 that hits the budget in, and chuck a cheap amp underneath them as head units don't really have the ooomph to drive em properly.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

I think I'll just spring for the latest model Kenwood's from ebay, I can't really go and listen to many where I live. I just thought someone might have said hands down these are the best go get them, but I'm not hearing much over the exhaust anyway

Comment

If you can get a sheet of MDF cut out across the Parcel Shelf, and bolt the Speakers down to that, it will sound a lot better.

I had a great set of JBLs which sounded amazing, especially when it was bolted to a really solid base.
            1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
            1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

That's actually what I'm doing as the original parcel shelf is toast

Comment

Working...
              X