Trailer break away unit wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer break away unit wiring

Hey guys, wiring a trailer for the boss atm. He bought all chinesey shit that didnt come with instructions/diagrams, so im going by feel atm.

Anyways the break away unit has 2 wires, which im assuming you cut the blue trailer brake wire and that circuit goes through the break away unit, so the break away controller knows when the connection is cut and applies the brakes?

All the pics on the internet shows the break away spliced into the loom?

Can anyone confirm or deny for me?

Tia
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

How is the breakaway unit activated in this particular unit? Mine is activated by a plug being pulled out of a switch which in turn connects a battery across the trailer electric brake circuit. So by deduction it should be +12 from battery to +12 for the trailer brakes but interrupted by the breakaway switch. That is how mine is anyway. HTH in some way
    Radical SR3
    HSV R8
    BMW 325ti Proddy Car

Comment

Originally posted by GHZ28 View Post
      How is the breakaway unit activated in this particular unit? Mine is activated by a plug being pulled out of a switch which in turn connects a battery across the trailer electric brake circuit. So by deduction it should be +12 from battery to +12 for the trailer brakes but interrupted by the breakaway switch. That is how mine is anyway. HTH in some way
      Yep thats exactly how this one works. So your trailer brake (blue) wire is interupted by the breakaway unit? I figured this would be the case but the pics on google were throwing me
      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

No, if blue is your brake positive, the positive from the BA battery is connected to the blue via the switch. So that, when the pin is pulled on the BA unit (and presumably the trailer is no longer attached to the vehicle wiring) 12V is applied to your trailer brakes. Think of it as when the trailer is not connected electrically to the car, if you pull the BA pin the brakes come on. Put the BA pin back in (open the circuit) brakes go off.
        Radical SR3
        HSV R8
        BMW 325ti Proddy Car

Comment

Ahh yes, it makes so much sense now.

Ok id better go back and undo some stuff.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X