Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer work light - cabin switch

Hi all,

I'm going to put some basic work lights on my little trailer. Thing is, I'd like to have the on/off switch located in the cabin. I have a 7 pin round (large) trailer connector plug which leaves 1 unused wire - blue (electric brakes according to Narva website). My trailer does not have elec brakes and i don't plan on getting them for the foreseeable future.

However, i still see it as a potential hazard for me or future owners to have a switch in their elec brake system. Do i have any other options here except run a dedicated wire/connector, or a switch on the trailer itself?

I've found lights useful not just for working but more often to see the load whilst driving at night - just to check everything's ok without stopping.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200224_165629.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	7165051

It shouldn't be a problem using the blue wire. It just means if you forget and connect the trailer up to a vehicle that has a brake controller, it will just send voltage to the trailer under braking.
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

What is the tow vehicle? I put a very slimline lightbar on the top rear of my Adventra for this purpose.
      Radical SR3
      HSV R8
      BMW 325ti Proddy Car

Comment

Prado. Geez that's a good way of approaching it, i might need to do a rethink...

Comment

Use the black wire, it's for the reverse lights on the trailer.

Comment

Or piggy back off parking lights but have a rf/remote or Bluetooth relay . That way it works if you ever have it in another car and you don't stray from Universal standards on your car. Also less wiring overall.

Comment

Working...
            X