Reverse camera.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse camera.

the red wires coming from the RCA.... where do they connect ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Backup camera Rear View Camera for head unit 5.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	7226497

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Assuming they are standard RCA connectors, the only thing that makes any sense is to connect one end to earth. The fact that they are red and one says 12v is confusing, does the camera have IR LEDs on it?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Wilson View Post
      Assuming they are standard RCA connectors, the only thing that makes any sense is to connect one end to earth. The fact that they are red and one says 12v is confusing, does the camera have IR LEDs on it?
      No IR.

Fucker don't work... thought maybe faulty china cam so purchased another... it dont work either which led me to look at those red tails.

diagram is random from google. not specific to my actual cam but has me Hmmm
      Last edited by Gin Kii; 13-02-21, 06:57 PM.

Comment

You mean the red wire that pops out of the yellow RCA?

it’s basically a pass through - connect it at the camera end to the reverse lights (12v when reverse lights in) and the other end to the reverse sense wire at the headunit.

the 12v and ground at the red connector can either be connected to the reverse lights (camera only works in reverse) or to a 12v supply - camera always available, but stereo will only switch to the view when the sense wire gets 12v

Also check that:
        - Stereo has reverse camera config turned on
        - if stereo has multiple camera inputs check all.
        ---
        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

If your headunit automatically switches to reverse camera when you select reverse (i.e. via CANBUS or similar) then you just hook the -ve and +ve cables off the camera direct to, say, the reverse light.

If your headunit can supply power too to the camera, you can hook the red wire on the headunit rca end to that connection and it should power it up and you can ignore the other 2 wires (and tape up the other end red wire so it doesn't short out).

If the headunit doesn't automatically switch, then that red wire needs to go to your reverse light too and to whatever input the headunit has.

A few things that can go wrong with this process -> NTSC camera on a PAL headunit, or visa versa.

Or it doesn't display anything if the camera isn't powered up before the headunit switches...in which case, just hook it to ignition...

Comment

So, searching the googles.

This unit has different firmware for different functionality, looking like this unit does not have reverse camera firmware and ive no idea where to find the firmware or flash the firmware.

Have purchased another unit which is actually sold with a reverse camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post
              So, searching the googles.

This unit has different firmware for different functionality, looking like this unit does not have reverse camera firmware and ive no idea where to find the firmware or flash the firmware.

Have purchased another unit which is actually sold with a reverse camera.
              Is it one of those Android headunits? You can go into settings ("factory settings") using a code, on mine it's 126. You can then make other settings available.
              ​​​​​​If it's some other type, googling may get you there...

Comment

Originally posted by nutttr View Post

Is it one of those Android headunits? You can go into settings ("factory settings") using a code, on mine it's 126. You can then make other settings available.
                ​​​​​​If it's some other type, googling may get you there...
                Already pulled it out and put the OEM back in awaiting the new arival from China (Seicane 9" android 10).

One thing that did annoy me with it, my Ranger is a 2020 the bezel is for a 2019.

it did not bolt in correctly and the hazard button did not fit, new unit is basically the same with what looks to be a nicer UI... and the bezel is correct for my car..... seems a 2020 farmer spec Ranger is using the 2015 dash !!

Comment

Working...
                X