Car speakers - whats the shizzle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car speakers - whats the shizzle.

So's whilst fiddling my stereo I forgot I had the 6.5" front and rear speakers were on "full" mode on the amp instead of high pass and the Blaupunkt's are now dead, they sounded great but yeah.... gunna buy something else.

What decent in the 6.5" component deals for around the $300 mark, am not a brand snob so am open to all suggestions.

FWIW the amp is a 4ch MB Quart but its a baby at 60w RMS per channel, it is getting the flick in favour of something with some balls.

One set of speakers hat does tick boxes for me is the Massive Audio FZ6 speakers.... but can find very little about them on the googles which has me shy.

https://www.massiveaudio.com/collect...onent-speakers

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Morels are good bang for your buck.

Comment

Originally posted by I Wish View Post
      Morels are good bang for your buck.
      Morels not available here/readily available.

Comment

Unless your'e building a competition audio setup, 60W RMS per channel is HEAPS for 99% of listeners, and thats probably why your current speakers arent happy anymore.

Do you have a sub as well? That makes it so much easier to set up your HPF/LPF crossover points. Which head unit are you using btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
          Unless your'e building a competition audio setup, 60W RMS per channel is HEAPS for 99% of listeners, and thats probably why your current speakers arent happy anymore.

Do you have a sub as well? That makes it so much easier to set up your HPF/LPF crossover points. Which head unit are you using btw?
          Its a work in progress but has a Seicane 9" android head unit feeding into an A/D/S DSP and a couple of 10" subs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	doof.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	7239354

Comment

Hahaha...so not a typical set up then

Are those subs inside their own enclosure or running in free air?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
              Hahaha...so not a typical set up then

Are those subs inside their own enclosure or running in free air?
              Internal sealed 1cu.ft boxes each, that whole lot went to trash today..... I have 4 of those subs so changing it up.

Purchased a 3 way set of Focals for the front......need to sort an amp.

https://www.focal.com/en/technical-s...kits/ps-165-f3

Comment

Have Focal 3 ways up front in my 86, might not be that exact model but they would be the equivalent of them ~5 years ago when I did the install. They kept up with 2 Fusion powerplant 12's in a ported box that took up the entire boot/rear seat. I think you'll be happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kermit View Post
                  Have Focal 3 ways up front in my 86, might not be that exact model but they would be the equivalent of them ~5 years ago when I did the install. They kept up with 2 Fusion powerplant 12's in a ported box that took up the entire boot/rear seat. I think you'll be happy with them.
                  Cheers, hope so !!

Might be one for the what pisses you off thread next weekend but the mid will go into flat area of the door trim,I prolly shoulda pulled the trim and checked how much room there is to the door glass but if they wont go there I will buy the equivalent in the Focal 2 way components and put these in the new box in the back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	door trim.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	463.1 KB
ID:	7239647

Comment

I've got 8" focal splits in the Q7. I'm no audiophile but they were a massive improvement on the factory shit.

Comment

I went with Rainbow Germanium 2 way splits some years ago. Love em still.
                      PF Gamers List

Originally posted by klampykixx
                      if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?

Comment

Automotive Superstore currently have a Special on Speakers...

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/...-direction/asc

Might be worth hitting up kabab

Comment

Originally posted by Southo View Post
                          Automotive Superstore currently have a Special on Speakers...

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/...-direction/asc

Might be worth hitting up kabab
                          would love to support an AUS/PF store but alas...they cannot ship international.

Comment

Have you messaged kabab ??
                            He may be able to help directly for a PF'er

Comment

Originally posted by Southo View Post
                              Have you messaged kabab ??
                              He may be able to help directly for a PF'er
                              Yes.

Comment

Working...