Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60TJZ View Post
    lol.. welcome to my world of making a 2j fit into something like this... looking good mate...
    cheers man btw ur corona looks boss
    10.95 @ 126 2JZ 1972 Crown
    Nez Motors
    N.E Performance

Comment

Originally posted by bignatesmith View Post
      (brakes will be upgraded if i can find a ms112 rear end although eb falcon disk fit straight on apparently but a caliper bracket has to be made.
      Speak to Sean (supercrown) his first brake upgrade was off the shelf shit from falcons and holdens from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Cplus View Post
        Speak to Sean (supercrown) his first brake upgrade was off the shelf shit from falcons and holdens from memory.
        will do man cheers for that ay ill jump over to his thread and have another good look at what he's done
        Nez Motors
        N.E Performance

Comment

i used peugeot rotors (604? can't remember offhand) and landcruiser 4pot calipers on my corona, which should be essentially the same. needs minor bit of metal taken off for clearance, but all that fit under a stock set of rt104 rims.

ps. steering is its own mod plate (if you are in qld) but nsw i have no idea re engineering.
          Originally posted by 350stato
          100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Originally posted by bignatesmith View Post
            This clearance is also worrying me, thinking that i should go with the uni set-up if i cant get this fitted nicely

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66743[/ATTACH]
            i did this (commodore CV)

Comment

Hahahaha, downloaded spirit level app. Awesome!! Get an aftermarket balancer
              Breaking stuff once is ignorance, twice is stupidity, three times is racing

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...chev-LS1-turbo
              http://www.performanceforums.com/for...tchback-torana
              http://performanceforums.com/forums/...ghlight=ari300
              http://performanceforums.com/forums/...Dog-Piston-rx4

Comment

Don't worry about cutting the car up. If anyone was collecting these they would have done it already. cut and shut till it fits
                get lead like a leader

Comment

Just be aware that if it has an AMI (australian motor industries) badge on the front quarter panels, behind the wheel arches, then it is fitted with an australian made 'banjo' diff. As it is 72 there is a good chance it is one of the australian assembled ones. The banjo diff is quite possibly the weakest differential in the known universe - axles, crownwheel, spider gears are all ultra weak.

Any of the solid axle rear ends bolt straight up, and the jap rear ends are stronger and have discs as you already know.

There isn't any budget lsd for the jap diffs, but the borg warner 78 from the r31 skylines is the right width, has 28 spline axles and can be stuffed with an lsd centre easily.

Or just weld the centre up.

Front brakes off a ms123 are 255mm ventilated - you just swap the whole stub axle over - and whilst you're at it swap the steering box and whole drag link assembly as the 123 bits will be fresher.

Alternatively, swap over a camira or daewoo rack - they will work best with the front end geometry.

Pedders do lowered springs for them, and adding a second sway bar to the front and one to the rear make them handle much better.

Great project !
                  Adjustable cam gears for 1FZ-FE now ready for sale - 10 degrees advance/10 degrees retard. Suitable for all variants of 1FZ-FE.

(adjustable scissor gear for changing separation angle between the intake and exhaust cams coming soon)

International sales welcome - PM me for pricing.

Comment

just imagine if you went down this route Seano - bit of a tidy up, a sensible, modern engine conversion and then some brake upgrades :D

Comment

Shut up.
                      Adjustable cam gears for 1FZ-FE now ready for sale - 10 degrees advance/10 degrees retard. Suitable for all variants of 1FZ-FE.

(adjustable scissor gear for changing separation angle between the intake and exhaust cams coming soon)

Comment

So Sean, Camira OR Daewoo? Because same thing carried through?
                        Cheers, Richard

MX83 Cressida Grande - 1JZ-GTE Twin Turbo JZX81 Motor, Fr Suspension in, tailshaft made & installed, bigger fuel pump in, zorst, wiring, fmic done (thanks jzk25) BA rotors R33 Calipers Now REGISTERED going well
                        '92 & '94 TF Holden Rodeo 2.8 TurboDiesel 4WDs - Daily Driver regular breaker/backup ute
                        MS85 Crown Super Sedan - Farm Car - Running 3rd 4M - Future project
                        '66 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Manual Coupe
                        '66 Jaguar S-Type 3.8 Auto Sedan
                        - Long Term Jobs

Comment

Yeah - effectively the same manufacturer. They have the steering arms attached in the centre of the rack which works with the stock suspension and steering geometry.

I used a 323 rack which is a conventional unit, but am yet to drive it. It may be ok, but if not ill swap it over.

Comment

calibra also has same type of rack

Comment

Originally posted by TRD-RT81 View Post
                              i did this (commodore CV)

cheers for the info ay ill have to look into that idea if it doesnt fit

Originally posted by Supercrown View Post
                              Just be aware that if it has an AMI (australian motor industries) badge on the front quarter panels, behind the wheel arches, then it is fitted with an australian made 'banjo' diff. As it is 72 there is a good chance it is one of the australian assembled ones. The banjo diff is quite possibly the weakest differential in the known universe - axles, crownwheel, spider gears are all ultra weak.

Any of the solid axle rear ends bolt straight up, and the jap rear ends are stronger and have discs as you already know.

There isn't any budget lsd for the jap diffs, but the borg warner 78 from the r31 skylines is the right width, has 28 spline axles and can be stuffed with an lsd centre easily.

Or just weld the centre up.

Front brakes off a ms123 are 255mm ventilated - you just swap the whole stub axle over - and whilst you're at it swap the steering box and whole drag link assembly as the 123 bits will be fresher.

Alternatively, swap over a camira or daewoo rack - they will work best with the front end geometry.

Pedders do lowered springs for them, and adding a second sway bar to the front and one to the rear make them handle much better.

Great project !
                              alot of great info, what do think ill have to change for the (r31) borg warner diff to fit because that sounds like the way to go?
                              Nez Motors
                              N.E Performance

Comment

It's not a bolt in or anything, but it's not that difficult.

You need to swap the crown lower control arm mounts onto the bw - just make a basic jig.

The crown only has a single upper link, and it is nearly over the centre of the diff. As the bw has a cast centre housing you can't easily weld the crown mount on there.

Make up two new upper links and weld New mounts to the diff housing and chassis. ( I have the adjustable upper links left over from mine you can have for $50 if you want)

You'll then need a custom tailshaft too obviously.

You can leave the axles as 4 stud, or change them to 5 stud to match the front.

Comment

Working...
                                X