X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EH 5.0L EFI Conversion

Hi all.

Ended up with Rusty EH ute shell off a mate. RUSTY been the word but it got me in.

Purchased another with a 202 and intended fixing that up.

However a damaged VT SS with 5.0L EFI just happened to present itself cheap.

I know this has been flogged but as a newbie I was just wondering the best way to squeeze this 304 V8 into my EH ute.

I have scoured the pages of lots of forums and slowly finding certain info.I just need a little direction so I can work out cost effectiveness.

My question list to start with:

IFS front End (ROD TECH) ???? Sounds like its one of the best

Donar engine is the VT SS 5 speed (use the gearbox as well)???

Firewall mods if any needed & obviously Tunnel

Steering Column collapsible?? (again can I use VT column)

Have IRS rear end but a little technical to fit ..so can I transplant 3.08 lsd centre to a solid axle setup using also VT Disks???

Possible to run custom Extractors with out cutting inner guards.(best source for these)

Even if you can point me towards a few other members who have been down this road it would be appreciated.

Thanks for everyone's time in advance.

Originally posted by EHuterus View Post
    Hi all.

Ended up with Rusty EH ute shell off a mate. RUSTY been the word but it got me in.

Purchased another with a 202 and intended fixing that up.

However a damaged VT SS with 5.0L EFI just happened to present itself cheap.

I know this has been flogged but as a newbie I was just wondering the best way to squeeze this 304 V8 into my EH ute.

I have scoured the pages of lots of forums and slowly finding certain info.I just need a little direction so I can work out cost effectiveness.

My question list to start with:

IFS front End (ROD TECH) ???? Sounds like its one of the best
    What's you budget?
    Reason I ask is a RodTech front end will set you back $4500 (that's how much they were when I brought mine about 7 years ago)
    HR front ends are good, you could get one with a rack 'n' pinion conversion from CRS.

Unless it's going to be a full show car.

Donar engine is the VT SS 5 speed (use the gearbox as well)???
    May as well they are a good box

Firewall mods if any needed & obviously Tunnel

Steering Column collapsible?? (again can I use VT column)

Have IRS rear end but a little technical to fit ..so can I transplant 3.08 lsd centre to a solid axle setup using also VT Disks??
    No they are different, just use a solid Commodore diff and change it to leak spring set up.
    To narrow it switch the shorter axle to the longer side and set that side of the housing narrowed to fit than just get the longer axle shortened for the short side and get that side of the housing shortened to fit that axle.
    Make sure you get wheel offset etc before doing any of this though.

Possible to run custom Extractors with out cutting inner guards.(best source for these)
    Yes, but it's pretty tight.
    Even if you can point me towards a few other members who have been down this road it would be appreciated.

Thanks for everyone's time in advance.
    Check out the EH Forum, plenty of people over there have done this conversion before.
    Good luck, don't forget to post a build thread on here so cunts can tell you all the shit you are doing wrong. :p

/ --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/
    [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

Thanks

Only looking at Rodtech because I presumed it would be easier from the engineering side.

I do have a Hr Disk brake front end and had looked at the steering rack and pinion and adaptors to suit the VT disks from CRS.

But I think they do an exchange on the HR front end @ CRS

Obviously need heavier springs for that too.

Also You reckon a VK VL diff is the pick.??

Thanks for your help.

P.S why the RodtecH in yours??? show car, safety or just less hassles??

Comment

Working...
      X