Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EVOSTi View Post
    The only person I know of (world wide) who uses the factory ppf is brintech in Sydney. I'd still use the race fab kit which has a ppf delete bracket. I have a custom made one.
    Cool, as long as the ppf delete bracket fixes the whole 'diff falling out' issue without changing to the 8.8 diff set-up.
    I'm not straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer.

Comment

Lots of people are running no ppf with success on cammed Na engines. It also clears up some space and weight. If i did mine again i wouldn't run the custom ppf, I'd go the delete.

Comment

Originally posted by EVOSTi View Post
        10-20k.
        Lol. Nice build.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

My conversion costed a bit over 20k, with a stock 6l that got a cam, dod delete, twin plate clutch, big radiator, elec water pump, massive sump, extractors, and other shit.

Comment

Depends what you include and how you want to spend your money. I'm doing an FD with an L98 and I'm nudging $35k on top of purchase price and it's not done yet. But I've dumped a lot money in things not strictly required like Ford Diff and upgraded axle kit, race seats, harnesses, cage, PWR and speedflow shit, fancy shifter, engine work etc etc.

Comment

Can you get good aftermarket clutch lsds with heaps of plates like OS-G for the ford 8 inch diffs? Looking at tremec and e85/WI in my fd and want a bulletproof driveline but don't want to lay down bulk cash on diff conversion and end up with something that lights up one rear wheel and skid steers the arse into next lane in the wet as a torsen/trutrac/2000k old dana torquelok/factory stlye clutch diff or whatever do.

Comment

You can get mine cheap when the Torsen spits me into a truck

Comment

Originally posted by landbarge View Post
                  Lol. Nice build.

What are you getting at? As it says above, plus cost of engine and box.

Comment

Getting at nothing.
                    Can you see the age of this thread?
                    You commented in another thread in reply to me asking this same question. The irony was I used your build as an example of it being a good value car to buy.

Comment

My apologies, I took it the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                        Depends what you include and how you want to spend your money. I'm doing an FD with an L98 and I'm nudging $35k on top of purchase price and it's not done yet. But I've dumped a lot money in things not strictly required like Ford Diff and upgraded axle kit, race seats, harnesses, cage, PWR and speedflow shit, fancy shifter, engine work etc etc.
                        Yeah I'm past 30k on engine and conversion, plus about the same on body, interior, suspension, etc.
                        LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Working...
                        X