Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on Barra conversion hotness

So I am looking into doing a Barra conversion into a non ford vehicle.
    Obviously mounting and adapting lines and shit is not a problem.
    What is the hotness with the ecu in a different vehicle and is the fg motor a better base to start with or are they the same as ba/bf
    Looking at using auto trans also so is it easier to use ford auto or just adapt a th400 or glide?

Goal is around 800ish hp

For 800hp FG will be same same. Glide has been done before with good success the 4speed is weak as piss and I don't think the six will take the lama thrusts.

Loot up atomic performance.

Comment

You can use the factory ECU, there is a bloke on ebay who does wiring looms that are complete plug in for barra conversions. Gets rid of drive-by-wire im pretty sure.

As for the gearbox, the 6-speed can be built for big power, but then you need all the ecu/gearbox control stuff. Probably easier to just get a Torque Power bellhousing and adapt a T400.

What car is it going in ?

Comment

Subscribed
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
        I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

Comment

If you're talking 800 at the engine, you're going to need $10k worth of nizpro box, I'd just go th400 (or glide if under 1500kg)

At 800, you're rebuilding the motor anyway, fg has better manifolds and a rear sump (sort of)
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

It's going into a jzx100 chaser so will need a frontish sump.
            Talking hopefully 800 at the wheels
            Was thinking stock fg motor out of a crashed car and a gtx45, injectors and shit.
            If the gearbox is too hard just go c4 or glide.
            At 800 will need rods and Pistons or are they the new 2j?
            Sorry for the dumb questions I know fuck all about fords.
            Basically after a dedicated drag/street skids car.

Comment

Not going to get near 800 with standard rods/pistons. It's not going to be a wrecker motor, china turbo and injectors = 800whp

Mind you, why do you need 800? 450rwkw will be cubic fuckload cheaper/easier and would still be a deep 10 car

Comment

Because I have a 400ish rwkw jzx100 already.
                I Have a spare jzx100 and was just thinking of changing it up a little for something to do and was hoping gobs of power and torque would make it more interesting and reliable to drive.
                It already has a 2jz now so maybe just keep that and crank up the boost.
                I was under the impression that a stock fg motor could handle it but I guess not.
                Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

An engine builder I was talking too seemed to think the LPG bottom end will handle 800 and they're $500 a pop.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Rdyno View Post
                      An engine builder I was talking too seemed to think the LPG bottom end will handle 800 and they're $500 a pop.
                      Was he keen to cash in on rebuilds/engine swaps for you or something?

800 lol.
                      BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

I've heard such rumours that the lpg short motor is better for std bottom end powers but if chasing the big numbers any block to start with really with new insides
                        Originally posted by Faux Forg
                        I agree with Rdyno

Comment

I know a guy with a GT40 replica with barra installed who has an auto ECU in a manual car (with a bunch of 'tricks' to fool it into working) 1 times out of 10 starts first time every time

make sure you use the right ECU for your gearbox

Comment

I heard that with an MLS sump gasket they will go 950.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman Don View Post
                              I've heard such rumours that the lpg short motor is better for std bottom end powers but if chasing the big numbers any block to start with really with new insides
                              Iirc the lpg motor is standard pistons with xr6t rods. So it probably wouldnt even be capable of xr6t powerups for any decent amount of time.

But seriously, low km motors are a dime a dozen. A dunny brush of the bores, gasket kit, low end aftermarket rods and pistons, valve springs etc wouldnt be the end of the world and would go a long way to get 800ish. See allmtrs xr6t thread for an idea on external stuff to make em go.
                              Originally posted by Rdyno
                              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                              Originally posted by Tripper
                              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Working...
                              X