Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XM falcon ute - 3SGE Beams?

A mate has a XM falcon ute sitting on his farm, he said I can have it for a carton.
    I've always wanted one. So the deal was done. Weighing in at 1100kg, it has a 170ci 2.8L engine 78kW and 212Nm(160kg?). Obviously this cant stay.

I want it to be reliable, get to cruising speed in a reasonable time and be able to have a bit of fun if I want. I have a VE 6.0 as a daily, would prefer something with different power delivery to that.
    I have looked around and seen the later falcon engines both with the 5.0 Windsor V8 and 4.0 AU 6 fitted (apparently BARRA is too tall and the later V8s foul on the strut towers).
    AU Windsor (210kg) has up to 220 kW, 435Nm.
    AU 4.0 (180kg) has up to 172 kW, 374Nm.
    So thinking that while these are easy options, there must be something better - a couple of people have sr20s in them but I'm thinking Beams 3SGE with 6 speed.
    Beams (129kg) has 154Kw, 216Nm from the IS200 which weighs in at 1400kg.
    With this installed, the XM would weigh 350kg less than the IS200.

Is the beams a valid option for the XM? Would the lack of torque let it down? Would its high rev range make it shit to get around town/cruise?

Evo 4g63?
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

302/5 litre Windsor is pretty straight forward. 347 cubes with a good converter and short gears would be different to 6 litre. More instant than the LS dough bucket.

Keep in mind these things handle like shit
      Originally posted by RVK 355
      Hold it flat cunt

Comment

Seen RBs and 1jz/2jz 6s in them, worth a look into. Fuck beams and SRs, I would throw a little Windsor in before those.

Seriously, there's a lot to be said for the little Windsor, it's an easy swap with all the bits for the swap available cheap. If you have some cash CRS do a neat double A arm front end which will enable you to throw just about any v8 in there.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
        Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
        particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
          Not if they are setup right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rdyno View Post
            This is actually correct. Same suspension as mustang, and is easy to setup to go around corners nicely

Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
            particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
              Evo 4g63?
              I like the thought. Probably pretty easy to do a RWD setup too. Same goes for 3sgte.

Originally posted by JayTHEFordman View Post
              Seen RBs and 1jz/2jz 6s in them, worth a look into. Fuck beams and SRs, I would throw a little Windsor in before those.

Seriously, there's a lot to be said for the little Windsor, it's an easy swap with all the bits for the swap available cheap. If you have some cash CRS do a neat double A arm front end which will enable you to throw just about any v8 in there.

I think I'll keep it to XF spec 5 stud front and brakes. Nothing major. Don't know if you can do the shelby drop with those parts though.

I think if I was going to go with any 6 I'd revert to the 5.0.

That can be said for any steaming pile of shit

Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
              302/5 litre Windsor is pretty straight forward. 347 cubes with a good converter and short gears would be different to 6 litre. More instant than the LS dough bucket.

5.0 swap is a stand out for the ease, availability and aftermarket support. I thought the lightweight 3s would improve weight distribution and was part of the consideration.

Comment

ls1?
                Originally posted by Marv
                Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by JayTHEFordman View Post
                  This is actually correct. Same suspension as mustang, and is easy to setup to go around corners nicely

I think there is some minor differences one I can think of is being a ute it will probably have metal to metal upper bushes whereas the mustang will be rubber.

@44 I have done many holdens valiants and ford suspension the fords are better.

Comment

I have done many holdens valiants and ford suspension the fords squeak the most.
                    Corrected

Comment

I'd slap an rb20det in it.
                      Costs nothing, sounds great, and won't have the torque figure to bother your stock shit rear end, therefore saving even more money.

Comment

]its allways a question of time :

cross flow 250 6 /Windsor = no body mods = get it done in 6months.

see 'LB-XP's thread on here

anything else that involves cutting suspension towers/firewalls/ gearbox tunnels /welding crossmembers for new mustang ii suspensuion/ 4 links rears etc etc = 2 year project and lose interest half way thru .

plenty uncompleted projects out there.

the std EFI Windsor intake will hit the suspension braces - needs cutting and some other metal /shape put back in

ie

PS what a shit looking engine cover:

Comment

windsors made for these conversions: barras not :

some bozos garage:

Comment

Originally posted by 44 View Post
                            I think I'll keep it to XF spec 5 stud front and brakes. Nothing major. Don't know if you can do the shelby drop with those parts though.

you keep your Xm upper and lower suspension arms and ball joints and insert the XF uprights .

buy some tapered sleeves for the XM tie rod end balljoints to fit XF arms.

302 = will need to add collapsible steering column ...if you engineer it....

start looking for XW /XY column and steering box and be prepared to pay $300 odd (early bird in Melbourne) to get the XM steering arm splined to fit XW/Xy box.

the Shelby drop is relevant and can be done .

doesn't take it into lotus elise handling territory though

302 will fuck the xm rear diff in no time .

look for ford 8" - think its 56" drum to drum you need - fairly short

Comment

265 hemi.
                              Originally posted by Rdyno
                              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                              Originally posted by Tripper
                              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Working...
                              X