Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1uzvvti manual into a ke70

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    1uzvvti manual into a ke70

    So lads. Long story, but the ke is getting change in direction. For more details hit up me ride thread for the boring details of why

    But for now this will do as a way to attract people who have knowledge of such things

    V-eight.com seems to be non existent these days, so where are people getting their 1uz info from nowadays?

    And leading on from that. Where is the gun spot to find clean and tidy 1uzvvti?

    What's people's experiences/recomendations on ecu. Worth the hassle of trying to sort out the stock ecu? (some issues with getting around the key immobiliser and not running the auto) or just jump straight into a standalone?

    People's suggestions for a manual box? Current thought are 350z 6speed. Expensive but reportedly strong with good ratio spread. Easy enough to convert. Big and heavy (relatively speaking) but should be a do it once never think about it solution

    Next is the s15 6speed with the circlip mod. Modded box's seem to be very capable of similar torque and power behind decent sr20dets. Makes it easier to fit in the tunnel etc and is lighter. Ratios also look decent enough. But I dont know if it's too "if an f maybe" rather than a known solution...

    W box. Old and frankly people want drug money. Least interesting option but is a known quantity. Probably at its limit if i drive like a normal person (I usually do, but I'm also building this for Leo lol)

    Any body has any advice or tips or general input feel free and tell your friends lol. Also everything has to be shipped to tassie. So if it works out the same to ship from Japan or Canada or Melbourne, I'm open to all options

    This will be my one chance to get this finished and done how I want. So keen to get it cracking

    Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

    http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

    #2
    t5? t56?
    Originally posted by Marv
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....


    I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

    robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Sloth View Post
      t5? t56?
      Painfully big and relatively expensive... The 350z box is a fair bit cheaper and comparably storing behind a mild Uz I recon..

      Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
      RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
      06/07/2011

      http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

      Comment


        #4
        whast about an r15x from a late model 2wd hilux. cheap and strong. can easily get a bellhousing for it too.
        Originally posted by Skompa
        The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

        I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

        Comment


          #5
          billzilla is the man, possibly gianttomato.
          1UZ is about what 180kw stock? there are no small cheap gearboxes that'll cope AND fit in the corolla tunnel. W series box will pop. R and V series boxes will cope but are the same size as a T56 and more expensive.
          You could probably get away with a late V6 commo box or the T5 as used in every E series falcon ever.

          Another option is a jerico/richmond 4 or 5 sp dog box. Can be had for around $3-4k but I'd imagine pretty awful to daily 9have never driven with one). Benefit is they are tiny by modern standards and will take all the power you could ever throw at it.

          You WILL need to do major tunnel mods. 1UZ is fucking huge too, both larger and heavier than an LS1.

          So all things considered, I'd go an LS1 and T56 combo. Dirt cheap, you can get an engine, box and ECU for the same money as a V160. There's also fitting kits available lol
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons


          Originally posted by seedyrom
          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

          Comment


            #6
            Having read through your thread, I take it that this is going in a street car? If the maximum engine capacity regulations apply where you live, sadly I doubt a 1uz could be used. An LS1 would be awesome but it would be pretty much a certain no go.

            I have seen a W58+1uz conversion done. These 1uz's don't seem to make massive power n/a so it could potentially hold up? 350z box is a good option, but yeah they aren't exactly cheap. How would an RB25 unit go? Quite large but it could possibly fit the bill. EDIT: Went for a quick google, and it looks like the RB20 box is quite abit smaller and could fit a ke70 without too many headfucks.

            Comment


              #7
              i'm going R150 behind my 3UZ turbo... see how long it lasts in a heavy soarer...
              Originally posted by ALLMTR
              the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Jim View Post
                billzilla is the man, possibly gianttomato.
                1UZ is about what 180kw stock? there are no small cheap gearboxes that'll cope AND fit in the corolla tunnel. W series box will pop. R and V series boxes will cope but are the same size as a T56 and more expensive.
                You could probably get away with a late V6 commo box or the T5 as used in every E series falcon ever.

                Another option is a jerico/richmond 4 or 5 sp dog box. Can be had for around $3-4k but I'd imagine pretty awful to daily 9have never driven with one). Benefit is they are tiny by modern standards and will take all the power you could ever throw at it.

                You WILL need to do major tunnel mods. 1UZ is fucking huge too, both larger and heavier than an LS1.

                So all things considered, I'd go an LS1 and T56 combo. Dirt cheap, you can get an engine, box and ECU for the same money as a V160. There's also fitting kits available lol
                Uz just fits in the capacity to original weight x4.. Waiting clarification from the engineer but his initial thought was it's OK the limit but OK with appropriate brake mods.

                Ls is a definite no no.

                Vvti is about 200rwkw from what I have seen from local guys, but open to correction from those in the know if these are unicorn ponies.

                The r15 box's in the hilux seem to have shitty ratios... Again it might just be me and my retarded brain lol...

                Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
                RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
                06/07/2011

                http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

                Comment


                  #9
                  Is lextreme.com still around? If so will be a good source of info on all things UZ related. Also may be a good source for parts if you don't mind shipping from US/Canada.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...Gas6sF9pNgeTcA

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      You WILL need to do major tunnel mods. 1UZ is fucking huge too, both larger and heavier than an LS1.
                      not so fast Tim, I've seen one in an AE86 that didn't have any mods done to the body at all. From memory it was a bit further forward than I would have liked but the guy who built it knew what he was doing (MoTec system exhaust engineer) Can't remember what box he was using but it was toyota and had an internal slave cylinder (box may have had external slave/fork originally)

                      dunno what box is the hotness these days but I reckon the 350z would go OK, those things are torquey as fuck.

                      I have just managed to stop thinking about putting a 1UZFE into my Hilux, which was making sense as it's auto already,

                      I'm pretty sure that the cheapest way to put a "T56" in something is to put an LS1 in too (as has been mentioned). But then extending the logic even further the sensible thing to do is leave both the LS1 and T56 inside a commodore.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by fantapants View Post
                        The r15 box's in the hilux seem to have shitty ratios... Again it might just be me and my retarded brain lol...

                        Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
                        Yeah big gap 1st - 2nd but throw a 3.2:1 diff at it not sooo bad
                        Originally posted by ALLMTR
                        the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Fair enough on the capacity limitations tho it must be a heavy corolla lol

                          My 7M with 180kw would pop 5th off w series boxes. A v8 may be ok as it delivers power a lot differently but I still doubt it'll last for long.
                          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons


                          Originally posted by seedyrom
                          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jim View Post
                            Fair enough on the capacity limitations tho it must be a heavy corolla lol

                            My 7M with 180kw would pop 5th off w series boxes. A v8 may be ok as it delivers power a lot differently but I still doubt it'll last for long.
                            I'm just going off rta numbers. Base ke0 930kg, air-con 37, tow bar 10 and auto 15...

                            In reality it's probably a bit lower lol, and I have a few other plans to lighten it. But the engine and other changes will bring it back to close to a tonne when done.

                            I agree about the w box being iffy. It's been done plenty of times, but everyone says it is really it limits... I'd much rather something younger and a bit more bullet proof.

                            The dick head in me likes the s15 solution. Mainly because everyone says it can't be done. But the circlip mod still makes it cheaper than the 350 box.. Much smaller, lighter, it's fun to have something to "fix" . There is a thread here in pf with a few lads who have done the circlip mod and survived a few seasons of ipra and regular track days with strong sr20s. And a strong is seems pretty close to a late Uz in numbers... But am I just making things difficult for myself because...

                            Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
                            RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
                            06/07/2011

                            http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Just putting it out there, 1uz in stock NA form is very uninspiring. Yes will sound ok, but FI really wakes them up.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X