Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 4wd box that will bolt up to a 2jzgte?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 4wd box that will bolt up to a 2jzgte?

I still have a turbo 2j and a340 that i pulled out of a wrecked Aristo that im itching to put into something dumb.

Most inappropriate shell i have here in a farm fresh 1968 fj45.

Im happy enough to throw a hilux diff under it and reuse the whole drivelive for the Aristo as 2wd, but if anyone knew of a 4x4 box that would allow me to keep it 4x4 without thousands of $$ in conversation kits, id be keen.

All the info ive found so far is yank, and not promising.

Originally posted by DROOPZ View Post
    I still have a turbo 2j and a340 that i pulled out of a wrecked Aristo that im itching to put into something dumb.

Most inappropriate shell i have here in a farm fresh 1968 fj45.

Im happy enough to throw a hilux diff under it and reuse the whole drivelive for the Aristo as 2wd, but if anyone knew of a 4x4 box that would allow me to keep it 4x4 without thousands of $$ in conversation kits, id be keen.

All the info ive found so far is yank, and not promising.
    Isnt the A340 what the Jeeps and 80series landcruisers used?
    1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
    1980 Gemini Sedan
    1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

Oh i might have got the name wrong on the auto. I know there are alot of A series autos that use different length input shafts.

Comment

Its whatever the auto from a 2003 turbo aristo would be.

Comment

Im not an auto guru so take anything i write with a caveat that you do some searches but....

Wiki says Toyota 4runner 85 - 2004 and Toyota "Pickup" [presume hilux] 4cyl are both 4WD variants of A340, prefixed A340F. 2J is A340E. Landcruisers are A343F so if you can get one to bolt to back of 2J you could be in business.

Jeep trans based on A340 was AW4 so maybe u can use a combo of jeep bits to make it 4wd/mate it to a jeep transfer.
          http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/aw4
          1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
          1980 Gemini Sedan
          1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

If you have a stand alone transmission controller a 2003+ Landcruiser used the 750e, I'd say with a little fiddle you could use an a750 or a761 bellhousing/torque converter/input shaft from a 2jz equipped lexus

otherwise Pajaro used an a340
            Originally posted by ALLMTR
            the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

crown had 1JZ/2JZ-GE 4WD japan only, google says its called the 31-80LE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-2-5L...-/391857065825
              www.holditflat.com

Comment

Aristo came 4wd also, but it was V8 so not sure the boxes would match.
                Originally posted by brasher
                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

easiest way-

flex plate and convertor and bellhousing from a jz type a340. a343f trans from a cruiser or surf. thats it.
                  Originally posted by Marv
                  Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

That sounds like a plan. Hopefully input shaft is the correct length.

Comment

Originally posted by DROOPZ View Post
                      That sounds like a plan. Hopefully input shaft is the correct length.
                      can swap it over, worst case you have to weld the TCC speed sensor onto the overdrive hub
                      Originally posted by ALLMTR
                      the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

I reckon a petrol 80 series auto box is likely to work. The 1FZ engine is very similar to 1/2J. It looks like an NA 2J but taller, might be worth sussing bolt patterns between F and J series?

Comment

Working...
                        X